Koodo Community

Community

Question

Brought a Prepaid Data booster 2 days ago and now there's a double top up promo.

I got a 1GB data booster for my prepaid account 2 days ago and now there's a double booster promo, is there any way I can get my 1GB booster turned into a 2GB booster or get $10 refunded since now you can get a 1GB booster for $20 with the current promo.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aye, I am afraid you may be out of luck, Raboo... but you could send a private message to Koodo on Facebook trying to see if there is anything they can do for you.... no promises but you can try!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And, Boosters don't expire as long as you renew your plan, so why not buy more booster(s) while it's available?
It's been long time since I saw the promo on prepaid last time.  You never know when they have a promo again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

And, Boosters don't expire as long as you renew your plan, so why not buy more booster(s) while i...

Indeed, when I typed the above I didn't know yet there is a limit of one per customer... so I would definitely just buy the one bonus and leave the old one as is, Raboo 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

And, Boosters don't expire as long as you renew your plan, so why not buy more booster(s) while i...

Thank you to both of you for your help, I really appreciate it! I think I might just leave it and buy another data booster with the promo per your suggestion.
Userlevel 3
Mayumi wrote:

I just want to say thanks for bringing this doubling of boosters to the attention of prepaid users like me that never check for deals. I read this thread and I just logged into my account, hit add boosters and there it was. A couple of clicks and double the talk and data added in an instant to my account. Couldn't be simpler and they never expire.  
Userlevel 6
Mayumi wrote:

I also didn't know about the promotion, so thanks for mentioning it. I still had some data remaining from the last promotion (in 2013) but also had $40 in accumulated credit, so it came at a good time.
Mayumi wrote:

When I go to add boosters under this promo, it doesn't look the same as what's advertised.  For example, the website says a 1GB data booster [i]plus 1GB in bonus data is $30.  But when I go to add the boosters, I see the regular booster priced at $30 and then a different 1GB "bonus" booster priced at $20.  What gives?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

It's a double amount promo. $30 data booster come with 1gb, but now you can get 1gb extra. Same with $20 data booster. It's usually comes with 500mb, but you get extra 500mb = total of 1gb with price of 500mb 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

In previous promotions, the 2x amount showed up in the "add booster" window.  If I add a 1Gb booster, will I get 2Gb?
The announcement is actually confusing.  It gives you the impression that you have to activate a new account to be eligible for the booster (especially since it doesn't appear in the "add booster" window).
Mayumi wrote:

Whoops.  Nevermind.  I see the bonus boosters listed there now.
Userlevel 2
Great to see this promo back - has been a few years!  Unlike before where you could buy as many as you want, there looks to be a limit of 1 bonus booster of each type per customer.  The system will only let you add one of each bonus booster - after you add one, it disappears from the list so you cannot add it again.

I was not aware of this UNTIL I added money (decided to go with one each first to test the waters) and then added boosters a bolded box explained it.  Thankfully I did not add more money to my account or I would have been pooched!

Now that I look at the prepaid booster URL and actively look at the "nitty gritty" section it shows below with an asterisk.  You really have to read everything carefully!

"Limit of one double value Booster at each price within each category, per customer. Offer only available to purchase online at activation or through Self Serve."