Koodo Community

Bogus? email received regarding profile deletion

• 24 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haven't contacted Koodo for a long time, yet here is a not very reassuring greeting out of the blue I wasn't expecting.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BobTheElectrician Do you still have an active prepaid account Bob?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Has your account expired more than 90 days ago? Edit oh wait I missed it was you, Bob. You know all the drills... Contact Koodo asap is my advice!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you can login to your accounts still I would examine the email more closely to see if it is truly legit. Obviously don't use the links provided in the email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BobTheElectrician Do you still have an active prepaid account Bob?

My account is active, up-to-date and phone works. Boosters and dollars intact. Able to log in with usual credentials.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
code:
Sending address is 208.38.59.78

Maps out to Calgary, AB. It's owned by Telus.

code:
Received-SPF: pass (domain of koodomobile.com designates 208.38.59.78 as permitted sender)

I've done my homework, contacted thru Facebook. Now maybe someone from Koodo can do theirs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BobTheElectrician Just circling back on this Bob. Curious what you heard back in terms of the email. I have some additional insight but don't want to cloud your response with it. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BobTheElectrician Just circling back on this Bob. Curious what you heard back in terms of the email. I have some additional insight but don't want to cloud your response with it. Thanks!
Reply on Facebook was less than helpful, as in "Hello there, This email is to confirm that your Self-Serve account to access the online services is deleted. Hope this clarifies things. Thanks".

I posited that they might have been referring to my post-paid which was cancelled over 2 years ago since current pre-paid account works just fine, including US roaming, log-on and usage balances, but no definite confirmation or explanation.

Would appreciate anything you can provide Bernard, either here or by email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@BobTheElectrician Ok, so based on the additional info (you had had postpaid account prior) I believe it's tied to that. For one reason or another your email was never purged, until now. Don't know why. Te notification is indeed from Koodo. Bottom line is , it has nothing to do with your pre-paid account and everything is working fine.