Koodo Community

Community

Better Pre-payed data rates

I'm slightly anoyed that a gig of data on prepayed is 35$ If its 10$ per gig on a post paid account Why can't it be 15$ for a gig on prepayed? and 500mb be like 8$ I'd like to stay prepayed because I know I wont use all the data at once but I dont see why i need to spend so much for something so well...Aparnelty cheap.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Prepaid, on any carrier, is always more expensive than a regular monthly plan. With Koodo's prepaid add-ons, they don't expire until you use it up as long as you keep renewing your "base plan" which helps people save a lot of money as opposed with other carriers who force you to renew every 30 days.
Koodo Prepaid data pack prices suck! Telus Has better data rates. 30$ for 1Gb . Sorry but I think this should be changed. I say 20$ is totally fair for a gig of data. It's double the postpaid price, and is much more competitive. This would bring more prepaid users over to the koodo network., Oh and I find the 4g service network remericable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hija Jake, I responded like you when I first heard it, in fact my post can be found on the Internetz... somewhere saying I wouldn't consider Koodo because Telus offers a gig for $30 🙂 But then I found out that the data actually rolls over to the following months, which to me makes the $35 more than reasonable! Think about it, if you use about 100MB data per month on average, on every other provider (not even prepaid only) you pay $10 for that... but with Koodo that only costs you $3.50!! Totally worth it to me! If you need more than a Gig per month, I'd say you'd definitely be better off with plan 🙂
Not everyone can aford a phone plan or have good credit for one thats Why im on prepayed. The data prices are UNFAIR! Itsa not fair that post pade gets 500mb/5$ and come on Lets get a bit more fair. Pre paied data is almost triple the price of post payed data.
Perhaps you should invest in a spell/grammar check Jake. Looks like you could use that more than a data plan.
Userlevel 1
Mr. P Slice wrote:

Perhaps you should invest in a spell/grammar check Jake. Looks like you could use that more than ...

Looks like you should invest in manners courses there mate...
Userlevel 7
Mr. P Slice wrote:

Perhaps you should invest in a spell/grammar check Jake. Looks like you could use that more than ...

Let's keep it Friendly here Billy, Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
Mr. P Slice wrote:

Billy, If you don't have anything important to say then dont say it. You should get a "am I being a jerk checker"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My son has a canada-wide data plan with 200md per month which is more than enough for him. Because he only checks FB or goes to some web sites and I always tell him to go to Free WIFI place( Mcdonald, Starbacks,,,) if it's possible. He never reaches 200mb or even 150, but I never ask Koodo to reimberse for the unused portion. So sometimes I pay 10-35mb for $5. But pre paid data that can roll over and never expire means you dont wast any mb you payed for. I think that is a really good deal. My point is pre paid or not, we both have it good and not so good on each side 🙂 Oh,and I'm Japanese,if you see any spell/grammer mistakes,,, just read through, hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

My son has a canada-wide data plan with 200md per month which is more than enough for him. Becaus...

Ken, your English is about 1000x better than my Japanese... so I'm jealous 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

My son has a canada-wide data plan with 200md per month which is more than enough for him. Becaus...

Hi, Sophia. Thank you for your comment. BTW, you become MM,right?- I wasn't sure because the picture changed. I'm so happy and congratulations!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks so much 🙂 🙂 🙂
Userlevel 7
The prepaid rollover feature of Data boosters is a nice feature that "extends" your data longer than postpaid if you don't use it all in one month but if you're a heavier data user then it's better to go postpaid - credit issues aside, of course. Have you ever tried to activate on Koodo postpaid before?
Jonathan I wrote:

The prepaid rollover feature of Data boosters is a nice feature that "extends" your data longer t...

Well Sir, I tryed applying for a post paied acount. Guess I was declined. Surprise surprise. I have 3 times, So yeah I have to pay my other bills first before I can apply for another service. Yeah its rolls over. but 35$ bucks is way to pricey for a gig. Like come on! You know I know this is comparing apple to oranges. but bells home internet they finally offered unlimited for 30bucks (or 10 if you have other services with them) Now I'm not saying Get unlimited. Because on the phone networks thats just crazy talk for now. But why not make koodo prepaid cheaper and throttle it a bit?
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

The prepaid rollover feature of Data boosters is a nice feature that "extends" your data longer t...

Yes you would need to pay off your old bills first. It's affecting your credit rating. Do it as soon as possible to clear it up. It rolls over, that's why it's more expensive. The postpaid ones don't. If they offered the rollover data on prepaid for the same price as postpaid then why the heck would anyone bother with postpaid? Yes Bell's home internet is offering unlimited for $30 ($10 in 3 service bundle), and so is Rogers (I have it, it's sweet). Keep in mind a person's computer, gaming console, etc. uses way more bandwidth than a phone's unless you're tethering. It's also wired down and has a limited Wi-Fi range whereas HSPA is available anywhere you have cell reception (for the most part).
Jonathan I wrote:

NO CRAP! I know its messing my credit rating. Thats quite ovious! Thanks.... I understand its more because it rolls over but its to expencive. 20 bucks for a gig is better then 35. Your spending 40$ to get a gig because of taxes and such Now i was just compairing apples to oranges. (aka JUST SAYING) But if bell and rogers (I never though rogers would) offers unlimited. for there home service. should that not mean that eventually data services on the mobile networks would become cheaper? I meant in no way there should be unlimited service I was just pointing out what has been going on with other providers and their internet service. and I know how wifi works and how hspa works. They are not the same! DUU Like i said I was comparing apples to oranges. plus 4g has been increseing and increasing, and some providers in the states offer unlimited 4g usage but charge for 3g usage. What about wind moblie 40 bucks for unlimtied sounds awsome. What about Public mobile They have unlimited also. but you cant use your own phone sadly. Bell and telus own the towers were using. There are no koodo towers. We pay the most for our phone service. when its kind of stupid Look I just want a better perpayed data deal. thats all.
Userlevel 7
No need to get defensive about it, dude. Wind, Public, etc. sound great but their data is throttled (even more so after the 5GB mark) and coverage is way more limited - hence why it's cheaper. Yes, Canada has more expensive rates than other places in the world... it's definitely gotten better over the past couple years but still doesn't compare to Europe or the states. Data is still just a luxury, though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Jake, I appreciate your plea... and if you get your wish, I'll benefit as well since I'm on prepaid too 🙂 However, repeating the same thing over and over will not get you want you want... you have stated your cause, I support it, even though I see (and explained) why I think it is not going to happen. I suggest you sit back and relax, buddy 😃 Your idea is out in the open and let's hope for the best... honey, catching flies, vinegar... and all that 😉