Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Bell pre-paid to Koodo pre-paid keeping Bell number.

Hi, Recently arrived in Canada, not to clued up about how mobile plans work here. Can I port my Bell pre-paid number to a pre-paid Koodo plan and keep my Bell number?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can. You can port numbers from one provider to another anytime.
Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I take it I need to go to a Koodo store to achieve this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also call Koodo to get it done if you'd rather not go to a Koodo Store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Andrew will need to get a new SIM at a Koodo kiosk or store, as they are not available online at this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Thank you for the correction ! I presume you can still initiate the porting process over the phone but you still need to go get a Sim at a Koodo store. Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Once you have the $20 SIM in hand, setting up your account is all done on-line. The cost of the SIM is credited to your account the first time you set it up. It's also worth having a credit card in hand to set up automatic top ups since that will earn you another 10% towards your bill.

Best to do so when your Bell prepaid credits have almost run out, because they are non-transferable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You do not need to call Koodo to port your number.  

I recommend getting a new Koodo number first.
Then go to via self serve (prepaid) and port your number from there.  Less issues when you go one step at a time instead of porting and creating a new account all at once
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Also, putting in a number transfer request will cancel your Bell line. Don't close the line yourself - you won't be able to keep the number if you do.
Goran wrote:

If I had just signed up with a Bell pre-paid account yesterday, can I immediately port the number over to my Koodo account or do I need to wait a few days?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

You don't have to wait, Curtis, prepaid accounts can be ported out immediately if you wish.
Goran wrote:

Sweet deal! Thanks Sophia! Just curious, a month-to-month Bell plan would also be able to port out immediately, correct?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Yes, however, you'd more than likely still have to pay for the entire month, and pay off any phone if you bought one.
Goran wrote:

Gotcha