Koodo Community

Community

Question

base plan of $15 and added talk booster of $5. stil not able to make voice calls

Hi i have base plan of $15 and added talk booster of $5, now i have 25 minutes sufficient anytime minutes. But still not able to make voice calls.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried resetting the phone? Do you receive and message when you are trying to call?
yup i have resetted my phone and yes i can send and receive messages but not calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If restart your phone didn't work, you can also try to take SIM out for awhile and put it back in and restart your phone.

How long ago you added talk booster?
It usually works within short time, but I've seen people said it took more than few hours.
It's been 2 days since I added the talk booster. I don't understand why it's not working for me. Is it mandatory to have any balance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sonia wrote:

It's been 2 days since I added the talk booster. I don't understand why it's not working for me. ...

When you are in self serve, do you see your purchased talk booster there?
What happens when someone call you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sonia wrote:

It's been 2 days since I added the talk booster. I don't understand why it's not working for me. ...

No. no need to have balance to use any boosters.

When you login to self serve, do you see your Talk booster under  "Current Booster Add-on(s)" ? 
Also go to Base Plan + Booster Add-ons >View Booster Add-on  Usage > check the states (it should be Active)
Sonia wrote:

Yes I logged in and checked the status. It shows booster plan is active
Sonia wrote:

@dennis I do not hear anything when I make calls.. its just blank.. I don't even get voicemails
Userlevel 7
Sonia wrote:

Did you top up before you purchased the booster?
Sonia wrote:

No I did not top up.. As it's a new connection I got $20 credit.
Userlevel 7
Sonia wrote:

I think you need to top up before you change your plan.. it does show a balance owing. If 15$. could be wrong but I think that's how it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you recently port your number over to Koodo?
Nope. It's new number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you receive calls when someone dials your number? It sounds like it should work, so if you can't receive calls either, I suggest you contact Koodo through Facebook private messenger, they will be able to sort you out 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Can you receive calls when someone dials your number? It sounds like it should work, so if you ca...

Ohh. So what's their name in Facebook or can u please send me the link
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Can you receive calls when someone dials your number? It sounds like it should work, so if you ca...

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/
Sophia wrote:

Thank you

Attaching the plan details to
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sonia wrote:

Attaching the plan details to

Account status is active and your add on is there. 
And if it 's been 2 days since you added it and not working, I would go with Sophia's suggestion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you dialing the full 11 digit number ex: 1705 555 5555 when you try to make a call
Badge +4
Everything looks good in the pic. Which phone do you have? Is it a Koodo or TELUS phone? Have you tried calling your own number? Check in-call volume, the volume level might be set to its lowest value.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you none of the above is working for you, at this point I would advise that you contact Koodo.  Try sending them a private messag via facebook or twitter and someone can look into your account to see why you cant make calls