Koodo Community

Community

Base Plan Expired even though i top up!

Ok so I activated my phone on the 4 of September. I paid 60$ for activating it and I paid for 2 months. But after 3 days, the Koodo people are asking me to top up again? And my base plan was expired! So did I lose all that money?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
You paid $60 for activating it? What do you mean by this? Did you top up your account $60 so you wouldn't have to worry about topping up it again for the next 2 months? In 3 days, your money was gone? This seems like a really weird error. I suggest calling Customer Care to handle this situation directly to Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you use alot of data or make alot of calls that were being charged by the minute?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Did you use alot of data or make alot of calls that were being charged by the minute?

Hee hee, Paul, we prepaid users are never charged extra by the minute or data overage 😃 We just buy a booster and then use up all the minutes/mb's in that. When it's gone, there is no auto renewal of the booster (unfortunately, I might add... I sure wish that was an option)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ify, You certainly didn't lose any money 🙂 First, let's establish what might have happened... what base plan are you on? Is it the $15 one? And did you perhaps buy a few boosters as well, say $25 for a voice booster and $30 for a data booster? Don't worry though, I can guarantee that your money is not lost... but do make sure to renew your base plan before the 90 days are up (counting from the 4th of September) 🙂