Koodo Community
Solved

Automatic top up charges are not marked as re-occuring

• 29 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi there, this is a question more related to the billing side of things.

We have both a prepaid a postpaid account with Koodo and the prepaid automatic top up charges made to my credit card are not identified as “re-occurring” payments despite the fact that they are regularly re-occurring - so much so the value is identical :)

Interestingly enough, the postpaid account charges to a pre arranged credit card are fine and show up as re-occurring bill payments. So it’s clear Koodo is able to do this.

This actually has been reported long ago on this site as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanceCanada/comments/4pnrbw/question_for_tangerine_mastercard_users/

Can we request that the prepaid side can update the billing so that it indicates charges are re-occurring?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 29 October 2019, 18:40

Technically it is not a re-occuring bill payment, but an automatic pre-payment.  Not sure if that makes any difference to the categorization.

It would be nice if they were able to change to the re-occuring category though

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Technically it is not a re-occuring bill payment, but an automatic pre-payment.  Not sure if that makes any difference to the categorization.

It would be nice if they were able to change to the re-occuring category though

Yup, thanks of the clarification in terms. I think from the perspective of the credit card company anything that we register our card for use as a regularly occurring payment should be identified as re-occurring. I have both postpaid and prepaid reoccurring charges identified correctly from other firms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wonder if the issue needs to be fixed on Tangerine's side?

Have you inquired with them as well? 

Yes, and it’s not just tangerine. I’ve been through this process with several billing organizations and initially was bounced back and forth between the cc company and the biller. From past experience it’s never been an issue on the credit card company’s side. There is a setting on the payment charging side which needs to be checked and then it all works just “magically”.

It’s not a huge deal (depends on your bill and if you get discounts for this type of thing), but now that I know how it works, anytime I see it set incorrectly I try to let the billing company know. Could save some customers some money :)