Koodo Community

Community

Auto-refill for data/voice boosters

Userlevel 6
For those on prepaid: would you think it'd be nice to have an auto-refill feature for boosters? Currently, you can renew your baseplan automatically by registering a credit card in Self-Serve. I suggest that besides each booster you buy, there should be a checkbox to allow auto-renewal of said booster using the same credit card you have on file in Self-Serve. This way you could have uninterrupted service without having to "remember" to top up + re-buy a booster. Basically, simply allow an empty booster to refill itself just like the baseplan with a registered CC. Maybe it's just me, but I think it'd be convenient! Whaddya think?

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Booster is valid if account is in active state, it does not expire, does not auto-renew does not have start/expiry date like Base plan, can only be stacked or,re-purchased before depletion. Usually customers receive notifications to renew their boosters before depletion
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

Booster is valid if account is in active state, it does not expire, does not auto-renew does no...

@Mat: You're missing the point. I know exactly how they work already. I was suggesting to add a checkbox to automate the process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, that would be nice. You'd need to be able to switch it off, and also you'd need to receive a warning like you do with the base renewal... But if those two conditions are met, bring it on 😃
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Yes, that would be nice. You'd need to be able to switch it off, and also you'd need to receive ...

A checkbox would allow just that 😃 I might be wrong, but I think it'd be great and would act like those chicken roasting gadgets on TV: "Set it, and forget it!"
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

Yes, that would be nice. You'd need to be able to switch it off, and also you'd need to receive ...

with credit cards registration it'll be easy, what if customer forgot to buy voucher to top-up and fill up his balance?
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

@Mat: Did you read my original post buddy? It's all explained there, with the credit card bit and all that. I don't mean to sound rude, but it REALLY looks like you did *not* read my post before commenting.
Userlevel 5
Hey TopperCNC, thanks for the idea! It's currently under consideration 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey TopperCNC, thanks for the idea! It's currently under consideration :)

Great news Sumaya! If it gets the green light, it's going to be really useful. Boosters can last a long time and it's easy to forget to check and make sure enough minutes/date are remaining. Auto-refilling solves that, and since we already have the option to register a credit card, I thought it'd be convenient to do this as well! Thanks! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sumaya K. wrote:

Wow! Great news! Thanks for suggesting this, Topper 😃
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Well Sophia, if it makes everyone's life easier on prepaid, why not! We auto-renew the base plan anyway, let's do the same with our boosters! 🙂 And while we're at it Koodo, give prepaid a little more publicity! It's seriously a great option, but many people don't even know there's prepaid on Koodo. I love it so far (it's identical to my previous postpaid, service-wise), and I'm pretty sure, given the opportunity, other people would too! Oil up El Tabador and send him on a prepaid awareness mission 😃