Koodo Community
Solved

Are the "Double Value Boosters" common or rare?

• 3 October 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm new to Koodo and the value seems great if the Double Value Boosters are always available e.g $30 for 2 GB data. Can anyone comment on the historical rates? I hear the booster packs go on sale regularly. How regularly? Is the normal better or worse than the current booster value packs?
icon

Best answer by Sophia 3 October 2018, 07:10

They have only been on sale 3 times.
First time was 2012, when you could get as many as you wanted (I'm still using those).
Then last year and this year again, when you could just order one double booster of each variety.

I hope there will be another sale soon 😃
View original

5 replies

Badge +4
I'm new to Koodo and the value seems great if the Double Value Boosters are always available e.g $30 for 2 GB data. Can anyone comment on the historical rates? I hear the booster packs go on sale regularly. How regularly? Is the normal better or worse than the current booster value packs?
The double value boosters seem to go on sale once a year and have no idea for how long. Get them while you can. It won't get any better than it is right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
First time was 2012, when you could get as many as you wanted (I'm still using those).
Then last year and this year again, when you could just order one double booster of each variety.

I hope there will be another sale soon 😃

I hope there will be another sale soon :D

Oh so even now I couldn't buy up a bunch of data booster and use them up over time? I didn't see the limit of one per kind stated anywhere.
Badge +4

Oh so even now I couldn't buy up a bunch of data booster and use them up over time? I didn't see the limit of one per kind stated anywhere.

#10 of the nitty gritty at the bottom of page

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

Offer only available to purchase online at activation or through Self Serve. Double Value Boosters are not available for purchase through *611. You’ll only be able to purchase 1 double Booster add-on per price point, per type (Data, Canada-wide Talk, Long Distance Talk, U.S. Roaming Data, U.S. Roaming Text and U.S. Roaming Talk)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you make the mistake of trying to buy a second one, the first one will be deleted from your account and you will have to call *611 to get it restored.

You certainly can buy a bunch of different eligible ones over time and stack them, though it makes for a messy usage screen.