Koodo Community

Community

Solved

amount needed to get set up ?

Userlevel 1
was told I need 85.00 to cover air time and sim card for Ontario cost with taxes is this true and also credit will be on my account for pre paid when set up. Thanks

3 replies

Badge +4
Hi Rodney, That would depend on which baseplan you choose and how much airtime you need. First, you'll need to decide on a baseplan. They range in price from $15, $25, $35 and $50. Talk boosters (airtime) range in price from $5, $10 and $25. I haven't done a new prepaid activation in some time, but I believe that the $20 credit is applied after purchasing the SIM card, so this essentially zeroes out the cost of the SIM card.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Hi Rodney, That would depend on which baseplan you choose and how much airtime you need. First...

SPOKEN TO SUPERVISOR TODAY TOLD HIM I HAVE HTC AND IT IS LOCKED I WANT UNLOCKED HE SAID 35.00 AND SIM CARD NEEDED FOR 20.00 SO 65$ SHOULD COVER THIS THEY BETTER UN LOCK WHEN I GET THE 65$ PAID BY CASH I AM LEAVING KOODO DUE TO RUN AROUNDS AND HANG UPS BY REPS
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hi Rodney, That would depend on which baseplan you choose and how much airtime you need. First...

Rodney, you're better off looking online for a third party unlocking service (link below). In most cases, you'll pay a lot less than $35 for unlocking your HTC. The code will arrive within the day, sometimes within an hour. For the HTC One M8 for example, I've seen unlock codes for as low $12 USD (about $16 CAD).

If you're set on getting the unlock code through Koodo with SIM card, then yes, that works out to $62.15 if you live in Ontario, $65 will cover it.

http://www.cellunlocker.net/htc-unloc...