Koodo Community

Community

Allow TTC SMS service to work on prepaid

Userlevel 6
As mentioned in this thread, Koodo prepaid does not currently support the SMS short code 898882 for Toronto transit schedules. This is a free service. Similar services for other transit authorities (Translink, Edmonton Transit, Grand River Transit, OC Transpo, GO Transit, STM, RTC) do work on prepaid, so it's surprising that this one doesn't. Is there any chance that Koodo can make this work? Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Though I don't live in Toronto, I can see the usefulness of this and I support feature parity between prepaid and postpaid anyway.
Userlevel 5
Thanks for the idea, Ray! We completely agree with this and we're working on getting this implemented. Stay tuned 🙂
Userlevel 6
Thanks, Sumaya and Ivan - and also, thanks to Michel Vrana for asking the question in the first place.
Userlevel 5
Hey Ray, this idea has been implemented. You can now use the TTC SMS and Next Bus short codes!
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Hey Ray, this idea has been implemented. You can now use the TTC SMS and Next Bus short codes!

Thanks. That was fast!
Userlevel 6
Sumaya K. wrote:

Wow, I have to think this was one of the fastest time for any idea from floks here tu be turned around. Pretty cool to see!
Userlevel 5
Sumaya K. wrote:

We had a few Koodo members working on this. Go team! 🙂