Koodo Community

Community

ALCATEL with TELUS as Service Provider

Only a few people have this number, and for those, I have asked them not to disclose this telephone number to others.  Not 100% sure if the one son did or not, I don't think so, I have not received any calls from 'third' parties on this number but i have noticed that the 'eye' comes on at times and i did hear once from operator that the 'recording' will continue.  I did not turn on recording, so I assumed only one thing, someone close was taking care of my quality control.

Details/use fully disclosed here.  Perhaps, it would be prudent to have a separate line, and a different phone all together--- "two parties" exclusively, and not to disclose to anyone.  100% for 2 only.  Open to discussion.

ALCATEL One Touch:  Telus Service Provider
Model:  ALCATEL A392CC
TCL:  Communication Ltd.
Bluetooth Declaration ID B018931
Made in China
A39CC-2ALZCA1

FCC ID:  RAD552
IC:  9238A-0057
HAC:  M4/T4
H/W:  01

Monthly Plan: $57 month unlimited calling, this phone/plan is not as readily recorded as iphones
Sim Card #:891223010006
Battery:  ALCATEL  CAB3120000C1  
Calling plan:  Lower Mainland, Vancouver, and Canada....I may need operator for outside Canada.  Do not call outside Canada usually.
That's it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 replies

interesting......
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have a question?
Userlevel 7
Customer service providers usually record service calls so they can coach their personnel and for quality control reasons.

Simply having your phone number won't allow someone to take control of your phone.

However, publicly disclosing your sim card number and IMEI will bring out all the Jr detectives and their voodoo kits. If you're super concerned about privacy then using the phone part of a cell phone may not be for you. If you're concerned about privacy I'd recommend installing viber on each device and turning encryption on. Then you can call eachother over encrypted data connections right through the app. No voodoo required.
to unlock an alcatel pop the unlock code server is asking for Telus Provider Id, since this is a seal tablet i cannot check that info under the battery, is there a way to find that info? I am buying the unlock code but without that Provider Id cannot get the code, thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1Nadie . wrote:

to unlock an alcatel pop the unlock code server is asking for Telus Provider Id, since this is a ...

Sounds like this is something to talk to Telus about. Your phone should just want the unlock code.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1Nadie . wrote:

to unlock an alcatel pop the unlock code server is asking for Telus Provider Id, since this is a ...

I'm guessing the Unlock Code Provider needs the Telus Provider ID, and does not already know that of Telus. Maybe the use of a Canadian unlock provider would address this issue.