Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Alcatel Onetouch won't allow me to see picture messages!

Userlevel 1
alcatel onetouch phone wont allow me to view recieved picture messages. i have clicked "download" cant find image any where on phone. plan says i have unlimited picture messages.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did it download? If so then the photo should be viewable in your text app or it might have downloaded onto your Gallery App. If it didnt download, your mobile data needs to be enabled (and No data block placed on your account). To prevent data leakage, it is recommened that you connect to a strong wifi connection and turn on data to download the picture and then switch off data immediately
Dennis wrote:

Did it download? If so then the photo should be viewable in your text app or it might have downl...

It doesnt work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Did it download? If so then the photo should be viewable in your text app or it might have downl...

Hi Sandy. Can you start a new post using this link?
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new

And we need more info to help you.
What doesn't work? What phone do you have...etc.
Dennis wrote:

Still won't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Can you provide more details here, Scarlett?
Dennis wrote:

Just says pending then fails
Dennis wrote:

Im not clicking on any links abd restarting this post
Dennis wrote:

i have a new alcatel and it won't allow data at either. have done all the toubleshooting and called provider. not sure if can be fixed, dodo think its a fault with their phones
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Could you create a new thread and provide some more detail?
Is your data turned on? Post or Prepaid? Are you trying to send or receive a picture message or just use your data? If you are just trying to use your data do you have a data plan, data block, data booster?
Dennis wrote:

My picture message is downloaded but it gives an error says " MESSAGE NOT FOUND" I have my data working well and wifi working pretty well. But still pic messages i received says the same error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Mary, The topic is 1 year old, i would suggest you open a new topic. What phone was it, and did it happen to you regularly or with only few contact?
This phone used to receive pictures in messaging and now it doesn't.  Everything Unlimited Plan.  I have tried all kinds of suggestions given in different forums and nothing works.  I even performed a factory reset and still can't receive pics in messages.  The messaging screen displays the pic is downloading and it still never comes up.  There is no way to check the Access Point Name (APN) settings on this Straight Talk phone.  Alcatel A846L.  
Mark Loveless wrote:

This phone used to receive pictures in messaging and now it doesn't.  Everything Unlimited P...

Mark did you ever fiqure this out my phone is doing the same and i have checked everything still cannot receive and data pics or send them

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Loveless wrote:

This phone used to receive pictures in messaging and now it doesn't.  Everything Unlimited P...

Is your data enabled on your phone?

Also make sure your account does not have a data block applied
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mark.

Did you block your data?
Robert wrote:

Hello Mark.

Did you block your data?

Can't receive or send pictures on phone & data is on; also on wifi & no blocks of anytype on phone or #...so what do you suggest to receive & send photos
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Mark.

Did you block your data?

Try restarting your phone
How can I tell if data is blocked. The data is enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Loveless wrote:

Log into your self serve and go to Add-ons.  If you have data block it should be there
Userlevel 7
Mark Loveless wrote:

However, please note that there are two different data blocks that you could have. One that is 0$ and one that is 2$

If you have one that is 0$/month, it will block all picture/video messages from being sent.
If you have one that is 2$/month, it should allow all picture/video messages to be sent.
Mark Loveless wrote:

Hi Mathieu...I don't have an add on option ...I cannot receive any pictures in a text...I click on download it says it's downloading for two seconds and it goes right back to it saying download. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 6
Mark Loveless wrote:

Hey Theresa! Are you able to access data through Koodo on your phone? Were you able to receive picture messages before? Do you have an unlocked device? Let us know!
Mark Loveless wrote:

I can't veiw pictures that are send to me? On my alcatel onetouch pop icon phone?
Mark Loveless wrote:

Me too Duane. Even the icons in this thread don't open.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Loveless wrote:

John. Please use this link and start a new post.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new

We need more info to help you - Do you also have Alcatel onetouch pop icon?, Postpaid or prepaid?, Data block on your account? Where did you get your phone and when, what phone...etc.