Koodo Community

Community

Acct balance for cancelled prepaid accounts

I have already de-registered from the automatic top ups and have removed my credit card because I wish to cancel my prepaid account. I understand it takes 90 days for the SIM card to be automatically deactivated.

However, I have a ~$25 account balance...will this be used towards topping up my account ($15 base plan) for the next billing cycle? And then the 90 day period will start after there are insufficient funds left in the balance to top up my base plan for the cycle after that?

Also, will I have the ability to use up my talk and data boosters until the 90 days are up? Please advise. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your boosters continue to be available as long as you have a base plan. Once it lapses, you have no access to the cellular network.

Thanks David. Also what about the $25 balance on my account...will it be used to top up my base plan for next month if I dont have a credit card registered for automatic top ups? Thereby extending my base plan for another month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
deebear32 wrote:

Thanks David. Also what about the $25 balance on my account...will it be used to top up my base ...

If you have $25 in your account and your base plan is $15, then your base plan will  renew for another 30days. And you can access to your booster once your base plan renewed. You still have $10 left in your account after that tho...

And If you don't add any funds in your account, then it won't renew after next month. And your account will be deactivated after 90 days as you mentioned.

How much data/talk booster you have left?  

They won't refund what in your prepaid account.
So, I would use it for another month or 2 (add $5 to make $15) and try to use up all those minutes and/or data.  It's depends on how much booster you have left to make it worth to do it.  If amount of booster is  less than your base plan( $15), then I might give up...

deebear32 wrote:

Thanks David. Also what about the $25 balance on my account...will it be used to top up my base ...

Thanks for your response, Mayumi! That clarified things