Koodo Community
Question

Accessing Koodo from Germany

• 25 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone.

I spent the last two months in Canada and got myself a Koodo prepaid card for two months.
I’m back home now, BUT I’ve been waiting for a text message which I now cannot seem to access any more. Does anyone know if there is a way?

I tried to automatically and manually log onto different networks, but none of them worked.

Thank you in advance!
MM

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can't use Koodo prepaid outside of Canada and US. 

Also, if your account was closed/suspended, you can't receive any text (from other people) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Undelivered text messages are usually held by the carrier for a maximum of 7 days before being deleted from their system.

Oh shoot, okay. The account is not closed yet and the SIM card is still valid until mid November.
… But since I won’t make it back to the US or Canada within the next 7 days, this probably means that there is no way of me accessing the message then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh shoot, okay. The account is not closed yet and the SIM card is still valid until mid November.
… But since I won’t make it back to the US or Canada within the next 7 days, this probably means that there is no way of me accessing the message then?

You could try to send the SIM back to a friend and hopefully he/she could retrieve the text for you. Unfortunately, the SIM is unusable outside of Canada/US.

Hm, if they're really only held for 7 days I think it's a little bit too late now. I've already come back on Monday and sending it would take another couple of days. But at least I can say, I DID try... Thank you so much for your quick answers!