Koodo Community
Solved

4.5 gb offer prepaid

• 16 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Why is the $45 4.5 gb offered to prepaid and not postpaid?  What is the differences in service between prepaid and postpaid?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 16 September 2020, 17:50

The biggest difference is that you can get a phone on Tab with postpaid, and you can roam most of the world. Oh and with prepaid you can’t call every country in the world.

Other than that, the services are pretty much equal.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The biggest difference is that you can get a phone on Tab with postpaid, and you can roam most of the world. Oh and with prepaid you can’t call every country in the world.

Other than that, the services are pretty much equal.

I pay $45 for a 2 GB, why can I not have the 4.5 GB for the same price?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo has different offers at different times. You can check your self serve to see if you have a personalized offer, or check their offers avaiable for all (but that would probably require you to upgrade your phone).

Can I have the $50 promotion with 9 gb of data? I currently have BYOD and the $45 for 2 gb. I have been a customer for more than 2 years..i am pretty sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t work for Koodo so I can’t help you there :) You can definitely get that promotion if you are willing to upgrade your phone on the tab. If you “just want it”, you should send Koodo a private message and ask what they are willing to do.

Thank you 

would you know if koodo is 3G, 4G or 5G?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo offers 4G and soon 5G, but that doesn’t say too much. the 4 and 5 stand for “generation”. What is your specific question? Are you trying to find out if your phone will work?

Public mobile runs on 3G, i was just wondering what Koodo ran on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ahhhh I see, you are talking about speed 🙂 Koodo does not throttle the speed, like Public Mobile does. That goes for prepaid as well.

thank you for your answers Sophia!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4