Koodo Community
Question

250MB of data included in $15 Prepaid plan - Using it in the US

• 20 July 2019
  • 2 replies

The footnote for this new 250MB feature says:
"Included data does not roll over at the end of 30 days. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system. U.S. Roaming data Booster Add-on required to use data outside of Canada."

I have US Roaming data Booster Add-ons. This footnote seems to say the monthly included 250MB is usable in the US as long as I also have a US Roaming data Booster Add-on? Is this correct?

Or is "U.S. Roaming data Booster Add-on required to use data outside of Canada." just a really awkward way of saying the 250MB can only be used in Canada?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The footnote for this new 250MB feature says:
"Included data does not roll over at the end of 30 days. Data usage is rounded up each session to the nearest 10KB. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system. U.S. Roaming data Booster Add-on required to use data outside of Canada."

I have US Roaming data Booster Add-ons. This footnote seems to say the monthly included 250MB is usable in the US as long as I also have a US Roaming data Booster Add-on? Is this correct?

Or is "U.S. Roaming data Booster Add-on required to use data outside of Canada." just a really awkward way of saying the 250MB can only be used in Canada?

Highlighted sentence seems pretty obvious to me. Prepaid has never included US roaming txts/minutes/data unless you paid for a separate booster.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is not different from the old fashioned way of roaming. Your regular Internet can only be used in your home zone (Canada), and as Bob said, to use your prepaid plan in the USA you will need a separate booster. The good news is that your roaming data doesn't use up any of your 250MB 🙂