Koodo Community
Solved

10% automatic top-up with the NEW PREPAID plan (September 2019)

• 27 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
I notice the new prepaid plans have data included by default (thanks Koodo!), and so my question is does the 10% auto top-up still applies to this new plan??

Reason I ask is because the 10% off message is no longer on Koodo website...

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by David AKU 27 September 2019, 21:35

I'm still seeing the 10% discount applied to the new plan when purchased through the automatic top-up.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm still seeing the 10% discount applied to the new plan when purchased through the automatic top-up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes the 10% credit for auto top up is still there
Userlevel 1
I just realized I still see it in the accounts menu "Get 10% back in credits with automatic top-ups Learn more"

My base plan just renewed, and I don’t see any credit. Nor did I get the usual text message: “Thank you for using automatic top-ups. You have saved 10% on your base plan and this credit has been applied to your account. Enjoy!”

I still see “Get 10% back in credits with automatic top-ups” advertised, but when I click on “Learn more” and it goes to this page: https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?source=specialoffers, I can’t find anything about it.

Did this just change?

Also, the amount that was charged for this renewal was $13.50 instead of $15, so it seems to have used up my credit instead of adding to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that is indeed new, Samuel. Just a heads up: Koodo will more than likely be removing the auto top up discount for new subscribers. Make sure you don’t remove your automatic payments because we’ll be grandfathered in.

Apparently this change isn’t live yet though and obviously things may change (Koodo may change their mind on removing the feature, though I doubt it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My base plan just renewed, and I don’t see any credit. Nor did I get the usual text message: “Thank you for using automatic top-ups. You have saved 10% on your base plan and this credit has been applied to your account. Enjoy!”

I still see “Get 10% back in credits with automatic top-ups” advertised, but when I click on “Learn more” and it goes to this page: https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?source=specialoffers, I can’t find anything about it.

Did this just change?

Also, the amount that was charged for this renewal was $13.50 instead of $15, so it seems to have used up my credit instead of adding to it. 

Without knowing the details of your account, seems to me that $15 less 10% is equal to the $13.50 they charged you. Currently they are only debiting and topping up the amount required to renew your baseplan, and still applying the 10% credit for the older indentured customers. Not worth adding funds manually unless you need to buy a booster.