Koodo Community

10% automatic top-up discontinued for new customers

• 9 January 2020
  • 11 replies

Just received a text that says as of today (January 9), automatic top-up bonus credit will no longer be available for new customers signing up for auto top-up. Existing customers will continue to receive the 10% credit. If you turn off automatic top-up and decide to turn it back on again, you will not receive the bonus credit.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds about right. Sorry is this a question or a statement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep…. Public Mobile prepaid is soooo much better these days!

Yep…. Public Mobile prepaid is soooo much better these days!

I still have most of the boosters I bought over the past few years, so I’m unlikely to switch just yet. Is Public Mobile prepaid software any different from here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am in the same boat as you - I still use Koodo prepaid because of my left over boosters. But I switched my husband over to Public Mobile - $13 for 100 Canada wide minutes plus 250MB… and if you call more than 100 minutes it’s 1ct/minute after that. Or you can take any of the other plans and have unlimited minutes with more data.

Only drawback is you can’t call all countries like you can with Koodo prepaid (can only call a select number of countries), and the data is at 3G speed only (which in all truth we don’t notice). Otherwise the two are equal all the way up to the backend self service portal… so once my boosters are up (in the 22nd century or so), I shall port over my line too :grin:

Hi, I have a question related to this topic. We also have a number here, also just slowly using up the boosters.

I alternate between two credit cards every few months on autopay to keep them active, but have not switched cards again since the discount has been discontinued.

I am afraid to try as I don't want to lose the discount haha..

Can anyone here, maybe a rep from Koodo, confirm that we can “Replace credit card” as much as we like, and retain the discount? So long as we don’t outright click “Remove Automatic Top-up” in our account?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged your post for Koodo to answer, great question!

Userlevel 4

Hello @mp117! Thank you very much for contacting us! :) I would like to mention that, even if you only replace the credit card associated with your Koodo Prepaid account, there is still a possibility that the 10% discount will fall off the account. That being said, it is also possible that our Marketing team will soon create new offers & promotions for the Prepaid system. - Alex

Userlevel 3

Hello @mp117! Thank you very much for contacting us! :) I would like to mention that, even if you only replace the credit card associated with your Koodo Prepaid account, there is still a possibility that the 10% discount will fall off the account. That being said, it is also possible that our Marketing team will soon create new offers & promotions for the Prepaid system. - Alex

Ok, what about when one has to update their credit card with new expiry date etc?  Will there be a chance of “falling off” there as well? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, what about when one has to update their credit card with new expiry date etc?  Will there be a chance of “falling off” there as well? 

Whatever happens, don’t let your card bounce because you forgot to notify Koodo about a new expiry date/security code etc. They are pig-headedly silent about notifying you if there is a problem… they just plain cut off your service. Pretty sure they will consider that a “cancellation”.

No text message offering a period of grace for you to verify your payment method because it was declined.

It’s your job to figure out what happened.

I have Koodo Prepaid, and got an email to update my CC 21 days ago.  Logged on to my a/c and updated the CC.  Today, I got a text message advising my CC will expire in 7 days.  Logged on to my a/c and see the previously updated CC with the expiration date 04/22.  Hmmm.  Not sure what to do, so I deleted the card, logged out, logged back on, and updated the CC with the same information.  Shortly thereafter I got another text from Koodo (well, Bell Mobility):  “your card is registered and your FREE 250 CW (Canada-wide) mins and 1 GB Booster add-ons are added to your account.”   I was perplexed and then worried, thinking that Koodo believed I was a new automatic payment customer and Koodo was giving me a bonus.  So I called Koodo (free call), and it was fixed.  20 minute call and rep needed my CC information over the phone to ‘reactivate’ my package, and ensured the 10% discount would remain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

good to know, thanks!