Koodo Community
Solved

You're not able to buy data top-ups right now. Please try again.

Monthly plan, not overdue, data paused because at limit. Follow through to unpause data....

Unpause data with a top-up?

$22 for 1GB

$12 for 300MB

$10 for 100 MB

Selecting any of these options and confirm and then I get this error

- Oops! You're not able to buy data top-ups right now. Please try again. - 

Repeated tries from my account online  fail to add data 

Ideas?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 1 July 2020, 00:37

Tried and failed.

Sent a Twitter DM to Koodo this morning, again at 2pm and no response. Tweeted at them at 4:30 and still nothing. I appreciate the people who tried to help on here but I give up. :rolling_eyes:

Maybe I need to pay a little extra a month to have phone support for these type of issues.

just give it some time.  it is not exactly a live chat.  Koodo reps need to work through a queue before they get to you.  Give it a day or 2 

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you the main account holder? No issues other than this? Did you try other devices Nd browsers? Any settings a certain way WRT data?

I can flag this for a Rep to look into.

Hi Goran,

I'd appreciate if you can get a rep on this, thanks.

It's my daughter phone but I am the main account holder. After I got your message I tried logging in from a computer, different browsers but got the same results. Not sure what WRT data is, but I know I havent changed anything since the last time we added data.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Goran,

I'd appreciate if you can get a rep on this, thanks.

It's my daughter phone but I am the main account holder. After I got your message I tried logging in from a computer, different browsers but got the same results. Not sure what WRT data is, but I know I havent changed anything since the last time we added data.

Thanks for the help

Can you log into your self serve again to check data alert settings?

self serve  > Usage >  “ Change Dara setting” 
Can you check “Permissions” ? 
If it says No, then you need to switch to “Yes”

I switch it to YES and saved the settings, still get the same error....

We've added data before with it set to NO. As the description says "Only users with permission or access to Self Serve can unpause data..." and we are trying this through self serve.

Anyway, it was worth a shot. Any other ideas? 

Hello again, just curious if this was flagged to a rep? If there is something I need to do please let me know.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Goran :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Goran :)

Ha-ha thanks, Sophia! Getting caught up in life.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Nothingworks ! 

Please send us a PM on Facebook or a DM on Twitter using the links at the bottom of this page, and a rep will assist as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Regards, 

Flo

Tried and failed.

Sent a Twitter DM to Koodo this morning, again at 2pm and no response. Tweeted at them at 4:30 and still nothing. I appreciate the people who tried to help on here but I give up. :rolling_eyes:

Maybe I need to pay a little extra a month to have phone support for these type of issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Tried and failed.

just give it some time.  it is not exactly a live chat.  Koodo reps need to work through a queue before they get to you.  Give it a day or 2 

Hi Dennis, 

I’m trying not to be impatient during this pandemic, I know everyone is struggling with new restrictions and less staff on hand.  It’s just I can see the Koodo account on twitter responding to peoples 30min - 1hr ago posts. Maybe my fault for having a twitter handle that is ‘Nothingworks...’ LOL. 

Anyway I found a work around thanks to a friend, I can’t add data from the SELF HELP portal but it worked through the automated Koodo Assist?

I do appreciate everyone that takes the time to respond, thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad it worked for you! Tip for next time: as Dennis said the reps work through a queue and every time you add a thought (such as “anybody home?”) you drift back to the bottom again. Best is to fire off a message and wait it out.

That said, let’s hope there won’t be a next time and again, glad you found a workaround!