Koodo Community

Community

Solved

wrongly billed?

I signed up to koodo less than 2 weeks ago on a 55 dollar month to month plan. Today I got a text saying I owed 85 dollars. I haven't even used half of my data and haven't made any phone calls yet. Anyone know why I'm being billed this? Thank you

7 replies

Userlevel 7
This happens to everyone when the first signup. Its called proration. Your billing from the start of your service until your billing date + one month in advance. Next month yor bill will be normal, as long as you stay within your plans limits 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

This happens to everyone when the first signup. Its called proration. Your billing from the start...

http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Thanks guys! Just wasn't explained when I signed up at the shop. Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
alana wrote:

Thanks guys! Just wasn't explained when I signed up at the shop. Cheers!

Which shop was it Alana? We'd like to provide your feedback to them. Please accept our apologies in the meantime.
I put my phone on suspension about 1 year ago and I am still being charged, why is this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott wrote:

I put my phone on suspension about 1 year ago and I am still being charged, why is this?

If you report your phone as lost and stolen you still have to pay. If you put your phone on seasonal hold you pay $15/month and if your account gets suspended, you still have to pay the payments you missed.
What do you mean you put it on suspension?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Scott wrote:

@Scott, just like Allan mentioned above suspending the phone for lost/stolen reason doesn't cancel your account.