Koodo Community

Would like to switch to 9GB/$50 from 5GB/$50

• 31 August 2020
  • 9 replies

I understand that Koodo are offering attractive plans for new clients, should the existing clients be treated equally?

I’ve been a loyal Koodo user as my other family members and would like to upgrade my plan to the $50 for 9 GB plan with Koodo without a new activation but wasn’t able to reach a rep or arrange a call back after kept trying for hours.

It would be greatly appreciated if a rep could call me back.

Thank you.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can get the offer by purchasing a new phone on your line as well if you would like.

Thank you Allan for your quick reply. But I don’t need a new phone right now and the promotion is also available for new clients who bring their own phone. Is it possible that an existing client could also get this plan?

You can get the offer by purchasing a new phone on your line as well if you would like.

Thank you Allan for your quick reply. But I don’t need a new phone right now and the promotion is also available for new clients who bring their own phone. Is it possible that an existing client could also get this plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can schedule a callback on Koodo Assist and ask the rep to speak with the loyalty department. However, there are no guarantees that you will get the plan.

You can schedule a callback on Koodo Assist and ask the rep to speak with the loyalty department. However, there are no guarantees that you will get the plan.

Thank you. I tried to speak to a rep/schedule a callback on Koodo Assist but failed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did it fail?

How did it fail?

I tried so many times but wasn’t able to schedule a callback. The digital rep wouldn’t help me schedule a callback/speak to a real person.

I managed to get the callback but it just rang and rang with no answer. I'm looking for the same thing. Can take our three phones and change providers to get this plan. You would think Koodo would want to keep the business. 

Userlevel 7

The promotions are intended to attract new customers to join Koodo or to secure existing customers to stay longer (until they complete Tab payments for newly purchased phones). In the mean time, excluding existing customers who do not want to buy a new phone, frustrates loyal customers and makes them feel left out of the new deals. I suggested before to allow existing loyal customers to take advantage of promotions if, instead of buying a new phone, they will commit to stay longer (e.g. 1 year) with koodo. This is a win-win solution to retain Koodo’s frustrated customers and ensure that they will stay longer with Koodo.