Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Will I be charged for Facebook notifications via sms?

If I get my facebook notifications sent to me via SMS will I be charged?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Nope, I'm pretty sure that's a free service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I wouldn't be sure. When I buy movie tickets and have them texted to my phone, there's a carrier charge (I have unlimited messaging, but I guess that this is a "premium" i.e. ripoff service). I'd wait for employee confirmation. If Facebook texts are premium as well, imagine just how much you could be facing in overages (I'm sure I get ~100 notifications daily).
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I had FB notifications via text on my old Rogers slider phone and never got charged extra. I could even post to FB from my phone by texting a short code #.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I had it on an old Fido feature phone as well, but just because I didn't get charged then doesn't mean that I'm safe now lol. I also used to get unlimited data, and we all know how that's changed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is no charge, I've done it myself. The text updates aren't as useful as they could be though. At least on my phone they'd give about the first 6 words of the comment someone made, along with a link to a facebook page that didn't exist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

There is no charge, I've done it myself. The text updates aren't as useful as they could be thou...

Thanks for the confirmation.