Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why the degradation of voice/data plans?

Koodo service offerings for Quebec residents got degraded today. The 45$ plan is unchanged but an extra GB now costs 20$ from 10$. The 55$ plan used to come with 3GB, now only 2GB. Extra GB now cost 20$ as well. It's like the family sized cereal boxes being the same size as regular boxes from 10 years ago! Why?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
It probably has something to do with the competition in Quebec, but only koodo will know. Maybe someone from QC on this forum will know. A lot of us on here don't even get province only promos if that makes you feel better 😞 Anyways if you have a better plan, don't worry, you won't be forced to use the new plans 🙂
Userlevel 3
Daniel Kim wrote:

It probably has something to do with the competition in Quebec, but only koodo will know. Maybe s...

Interesting though as Videotron's offer for the same $55 comes with only 1gb, so Koodo's plan still seems better. http://www.videotron.com/en/pr/prod1470019/internet-tv-mobile-telephony-residential-telephony/mobile-service-cell-phones-plans-smartphones-tablets/mobile-and-cell-phone-plans-videotron/all-inclusive-canada/unlimited-voice-1-gb-data-mobile-plan-cell-phone-plans-videotron
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

It probably has something to do with the competition in Quebec, but only koodo will know. Maybe s...

Koodo why cant we get rates like this in alberta
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

We already asked that. It's regional competition (Quebec has a special carrier called Videotron who has offered higher data plans) and it bugs the crap out of me.
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

I understand that but if Koodo can do it in Quebec they can do it nationwide why not be a leader not a follower. it's easy to meet and beat somebody's prices but why not initiate lower prices nationwide
It was more of a rant than a question... I was "lucky" to have switched to the 55$ when 3GB was offered and extra GB were 10$.
Userlevel 1
how come Quebec gets such good rates, we could use these rates out west