Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why rates lower in Quebec

Why is the rates lower in Quebec.A $64.00 plan in the rest of Canada is only $45.00 in Quebec

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Regional competition. We've expressed our dislike for this practice ad nauseam, but it remains unchanged. It's certainly not helping build brand loyalty.
Userlevel 6
Videotron. Because they dropped their prices and these guys of course want to compete they followed suit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Harper was right. Competition does lower prices. Unfortunately for Wind and Mobilicity, the competitor needs to have decent network coverage in the province/nationally to have an effect
Userlevel 6
Bob, change your province to SK or MB and you're in for a heart attack...
Userlevel 1
Videotron is the only reason and they are going national! http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/06/18/videotron-hints-at-national-wireless-rollout-launches-wireless-for-less-portal/ Hopefully they won't be as greedy as Big 3 outside of Quebec and we will finally see some real competition in other provinces. This would definitely bring prices down and greedy Robellus CEOs won't be pocketing as much money. Your "Rest of Canada" doesn't include MB/SK. $94/month plan in AB/BC/ON is $55/month in MB/SK and it is also eligible for Large Tab! MTS/SaskTel is the reason for this one. I'm on that $55 MB plan with Large Tab and that's why I'm a Koodo Customer.
In Ontario we pay

$85 / Month, + applicable monthly tab charge, 3 GB + 2 GB BONUS Shock-Free™️ data, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture), Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling, Additional data $5/100 MB

In Quebec they pay

$49 / Month, + applicable monthly tab charge, 5 GB + 1 GB BONUS Shock-Free™️ data, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (text & picture), Available for Quebec residents only REALLY, Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling, Additional data $5/100 MB

& Note In Ottawa area their data works fine in remote areas no but you don’t have to mention that just say for you needs  Chatr will work fine

Chatrwirless, is $50Per Month,  4 GB + Bonus 2 GB at 3G speed , Unlimited Canada/US Talk & International Text,
INCLUDES 
•Unlimited in-zone [b]Canada/US Talk
•Unlimited in-zone Text to Canada, US & International
•4 GB at 3G speed. [b]Continue using data at a reduced speed until your next Anniversary Date.
•Auto-pay offer: [b]Bonus 2 GB data at 3G speed/month
•International Talk Saver
•Voicemail
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

$85 / Month, + applicable monthly tab charge, 3 GB ...

Update Ottawa is across the river from Hull who pay $35 less for way more data for the money & use same towers & network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

They also have more competition (Videotron)
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

Please ignore this part cut & paste gone wrong  
&Note In Ottawa area their data works fine in remote areas no but you don’t have to mention that just say for you needs  Chatr will work fine
should have been , chatr DATA works great in big cities rural could be poor. but for the money??? could be work switching.
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

So Videotron offers their service in Ottawa area for mobil
The following services are available at your address: 112 ALISSIA, CARP, K0A1L0, ON Modify                              
http://www.videotron.com/vcom/static/img/tools/icon-mobile-white.png
Mobile ( YES)       
  • Mobile
  • Tablet
http://www.videotron.com/vcom/static/img/tools/icon-television-white.png
Television
  • illico Digital TV (no)
  • Video on Demand ( NO)
    Internet ( No)
  • Internet Fibre 5 to 30 Hybrid
  • Internet Fiber 120 Hybrid
  • Internet Fiber 200 Hybrid
  • Hybrid Fibre Giga Internet
  • Wireless Internet

Telephony ( NO)
  • Telephony         

http://www.videotron.com/vcom/static/img/tools/ico-internet-mobile.png
Mobile Internet This service is available at your address. To find out whether this service is available at your address, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-486-6699

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

Hmm... I guess they do cover Gatineau and surrounding areas.

In that case I recommend you go with Videotron
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

Koodo matched the price but had to have a Quebec phone number
Koodo does want to keep us, yea Koodo
Larry S. Hall wrote:

In Ontario we pay

Videotron has an outlet in Orleans, Ontario so east side of Ottawa,
& overall service I have got from Koodo  Has been good to great, Telus wen I was a  client would not consider matching Koodo, nor would Bell or Rogers
I have recommended many of my friends to Koodo and all are very happy.