Koodo Community
Question

Why new plan not kicking in?

• 13 June 2019
  • 9 replies

Koodo assitant offered new 35$ month plan (unlimited calling/1GB data) that I accepted to justify rate increase from 30$to 33$ month plan(limited calling/500MB add-on data but it hasnt kicked in and the new plan started yesterday. Guy at a kiosk said restart phone and see if data works and it does work but maybe Im getting charged 100MB/$7! I think this because ever since I deleted 500MB add-on to save a bit since its unnecessary for my purposes and one GB in new cycle is plenty for me its been stuck on an odd 0.49 MB data even though got texts when I went over (half my data for remainder of cycle was wiped out when I removed add-on) saying Im being charged $7 for 100MB which i ate up in no time. Any idea if it just takes time to reflect this new plan when you call 611 or on self serve rate plan section?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Have you checked your self serve? if the new plan was activated, all information should be there.
Oh yes I have checked under rate plan. Still saying base charge is $33..I have a feeling this offer of 1 GB is really only if I kept the add-on of $2 per month (that isnt offered anymore) It is still saying I have 500MB data but not 1GB since I removed the add-on which was another 500MB to give a totel of 1GB. I dont see what else could be. So then the next regular bill would after taxes come to almost 42$ instead of 39.55$ which is what a $35per M. charge comes to. And that isnt the deal I expected as nothing is said about the add-on part of this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You mentioned that they "offered" you, but did you "accept" the offer? Normally there should be a confirmation of a plan change by email or notification of some sort. From your description, your plan was still the old plan.
Yes I have a text that said SUCCESS that the offer was accepted and good
Userlevel 3
Hello there! We'd be more than happy to help you out. Just so we can check with you some personal details and get access to make changes, would you please be so kind and send us a short PM on Facebook https://m.me/Koodo ?
When I clicked that link it didnt lead to community page or your private address
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When I clicked that link it didnt lead to community page or your private address
No it goes to their facebook messenger page.
Well in my case it went to my messenger page..oh well
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well in my case it went to my messenger page..oh well
Yes it goes to your messenger page and should bring up their account to message.