Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why is the service so awful?

My girlfriend is pissed at me because I wasn't responding to her texts. Except I never got her texts, I got them all at once in a batch. This isn't the first time this has happened. You're ruining my relationship Koodo, I might need to change providers. Why does the service suck so bad? It was one of the first things I noticed when switching, this isn't anywhere near the first time this has happened, it's at least a few times a week.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Seriously? This is what's ruining your relationship? Why wouldn't she have called you? FaceTime is fun! 🙂 That said, resetting your phone may help. Pull the battery and Sim if you can then restart the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Not trying to be a smart-a**, but send yourself a few texts, and see if they come back quickly. If they do, it's not your fault. Other sender's service may be otherwise occupied...
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not trying to be a smart-a**, but send yourself a few texts, and see if they come back quickly. ...

So.in other words, call her back and say "It's not me, it's you"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Not trying to be a smart-a**, but send yourself a few texts, and see if they come back quickly. ...

No, it's probably the virtual post office, n ot neglect on the part of the recipient. What do you expect from the electronic equivalent of Canada Post...? Seriously... if he can't send/receive his own messages, there is something with his phone, reception or network. Had similar experience with Bell previously that cost me hundreds of dollars and half a day needlessly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo's service is the same Telus's so there can't be a bad service unless you're in a poorly covered area. This said where do you live to have such a bad reception?
The service at Koodo is terrible, just like Telus. My advice switch to Chatr Wireless. for $35 a month you get unlimited talk and text; and the service and coverage is awesome! they run off Rogers towers so the coverage is 1st rate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JenniferBenstead wrote:

The service at Koodo is terrible, just like Telus. My advice switch to Chatr Wireless. for $35 a ...

Chatr is not available everywhere, so that advice doesn't help a lot of people. Care to share why Koodo is so terrible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JenniferBenstead wrote:

The service at Koodo is terrible, just like Telus. My advice switch to Chatr Wireless. for $35 a ...

Chatr data is lame, but not as bad as Public Mobile, but that's probably their target markets. We are getting off topic. Original post was about why SMS is not coming through. Abandon ship should not be our first choice to fix the problem. Ideas, anyone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe if Cole gave back some more information about her case, we could help.