Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why does Koodo asks for two identification card for selling its service ?

I think if Koodo wants to check a client's credit report or score , it can do it by a valid id with name and date of birth on it and that would be sufficient , so why they ask more from the clients ? I don't know !

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In order to prevent identity theft.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As well they need to know what province you live in to give you the appropriate plan/number and need to ensure that you are the age of majority in your province.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

As well they need to know what province you live in to give you the appropriate plan/number and n...

Plans are based on the number, not the ID
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

As well they need to know what province you live in to give you the appropriate plan/number and n...

Hence why i said plan/number. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

One is required to complete a credit check, as only certain pieces can do that (drivers licence, credit card, sin), and the other is for photo ID. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check
Allan wrote:

Oh come on , they can do the credit check and identity check both with a driver license , so the question remains why do they ask more information from a client ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Refer to Timo's comment above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

As we've already told you, they do it to help prevent identity theft. Just because you don't like that answer doesn't mean it's going to change.