Koodo Community
Question

Why does Booster usage not exhaust existing pack before starting new one?

I have several boosters attached to my prepaid account. Unfortunately, when I add a new booster package, the time starts to come off of the new package without exhausting the old package.. The result is I have booster packages that are almost empty, but not quite.

It is very frustrating  for an OCD type like myself. Why cant you finish the old booster before starting on the new one?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it's definitely a pet peeve. 

Unfortunately it's likely a lower priority item for koodo as it does work properly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The best way to get rid of your boosters is to use them all up. This would be a one time action.

Unless you have bonus or double boosters, at some point all you'll have left is the regular booster (the top tier of each) and if you add another one, it'll just stack from then on and it doesn't matter any longer whether it's used up or not because you have only one type left.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to the club. When boosters go on sale (rarely), I usually stock up. Unfortunately(?),  I now have almost a dozen different ones on the go because the software is a little senile. It regards “double”, “bonus”, etc as a different category entirely.

At one point , some time ago (after the thirteenth one, I believe), I had to call 611 because some had fallen off the list to get them re-instated. Even the rep could not get more than a certain amount on their screen!

Not a bad idea to take a screen shot every now and then in case you run into a problem down the road.

Not a bad idea to take a screen shot every now and then in case you run into a problem down the road.

Noted!  Thanks for this. Doesn’t seem like it should be that hard to resolve…..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Noted!  Thanks for this. Doesn’t seem like it should be that hard to resolve…..?

Most would think so. The thing is, when it comes to coding things even the things that seem super simple to fix could require major fixes to get things changed and those fixes cost money. And if it ain't broke and other things are, those other things are gonna get priority.

The prepaid system is in need of a revamp and they recently revamped the postpaid side though so I imagine the whole prepaid side will be getting the same sort face-lift here soon though thankfully.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well it's like Dennis said: everything works so they are not likely to tweak those things. Apart from a few oddities like these, prepaid is very robust. In the ~10 years that I used prepaid it's never let me down... But I agree with Bob that due diligence is still a good idea especially when you have a lot invested in it 🙂

Another really odd phenomenon is the "expired bug" which more than once scared the living daylights out of me. If you visit self serve on the date of your renewal, you're greeted with an angry red banner that your plan is expired. Fret not... It isn't and a few hours later everything will show as normal again.

Welcome to prepaid and its quirks 😄