Koodo Community

Community

Why do I have an extra $5 data charge if Koodo claims to shut off my data at 100%? I did not respond to the text to reactivate my data.

For my last month's bill, I was charged $5 extra, despite not responding to a text asking if I wanted to add more data beyond my 100% limit. I was under the impression that it was not possible to be charged extra for data with the advertised "shock free data" policy without responding "Yes" to a text for additional data. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check page 3 of your ebill and let us know what it says. Was the charge indeed for data? Were you close to the border and instead get charged for US data?
It says I used 100.190 MB rather than my 100 MB, but I thought it was not possible to acquire extra charges without the extra text sent. Koodo send me a text when I had reached 100% and said data was being shut off. I was not near the border any time during the billing period. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily Byrne wrote:

It says I used 100.190 MB rather than my 100 MB, but I thought it was not possible to acquire ext...

Sometime data can be leaked even though you have it off or have SFD. Nothing wrong on your part. Following Gorans directions below and Koodo will sort things out with you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it looked at since you need to speak with a rep to ask to have it removed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Emily, are you actually on a shock free data plan?
If you are on a much older plan, it doesnt come with Shock free data