Koodo Community
Question

Why can't we increase or decrease the number of rings before the voicemail kicks in?

• 10 November 2012
  • 9 replies

I might only need 3 or 4 rings but there are quite a few out there who need more time to get to their phone.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately for the moment there is no way in the voicemail config to select this. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately for the moment there is no way in the voicemail config to select this. :-(I think this would be a great Idea post!
Badge +4
If someone has an Android device they can try this. 1- Dial *#61# on your device. It should say something like this: Call Forwarding Voice: +########## after XX seconds The "+###..." is the number that calls are forwarded to- write this down. The "XX" is the amount of time a caller has to wait in seconds. 2- Dial **61*+##########*11*XX# with "+###..." being the number you wrote down, and "XX" being the new amount of time. Note that the amount of time can only be increased/decreased in 5 second intervals, i.e. you can enter "15" but not "26". You should get a "Network Message" saying something like this: Call Forwarding Registration was successful 3- Everything should now be set up! You can check by dialing *#61# and seeing how much time the caller has to wait, or calling the device and seeing how long you wait until voicemail. Highest duration I could achieve was 30 seconds the default was 25 seconds which was 4 rings, now it's 6 rings before calls go to voicemail. Stock ringtones were used in this test using an HTC Raider. Results may vary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cool thanks rickkster I didn't know that.
Thanks for the help. It makes the 100 meter phone dash a little easier.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Rikkster. I hated that I had to wait 25 seconds before my phone went to VM.
Thanks Rikkster.o. I hpe I cannot get myself into trouble from which I cannot easily extrricate myself bearing in mind that I am a senior with less than a months experience at operating these facinating little devils. Lloyd
Badge +4
Thanks Rikkster.o. I hpe I cannot get myself into trouble from which I cannot easily extrricat...You're welcome, Lloyd. There's a lot of helpful people out there volunteering their time and expertise, so if you run into trouble, we're only a mouse click away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks Rikkster.o. I hpe I cannot get myself into trouble from which I cannot easily extrricat...Well, a mouse click and a few keystrokes... 🙂