Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why can I not buy prepaid time at a koodo kiosk or discuss any prepaid account details??

This is a bit or a rant - but I think the point is makes are valid I have 2 phones now. One for me and my wife. Yesterday, I went to buy a micro sim for my windows phone at the local kiosk. However I do not understand why I have to goto a store like walmart and buy the time, and they do don't sell just the sim cards either. If I want to discuss anything related to billing, or messages that I get from Koodo (such as I had 2 days of paid time remaining, but your automated messaging service couldn't renew my baseplan) and my service was disabled before my time should have actually run out. When I went buy the sim card from the kiosk, all the sales rep told me is that they don't have access to the prepaid database (account) details. Like, I should be able to visit one kiosk, buy any prepaid time, or parts I need, and If I have questions, your staff should be better trained to answer them, not simply refer me to customer service which your phone messages indicate could cost me a further 5 bucks, just to speak to someone. I really wish I didn't have to waste my time running around just to be able to get what I need to keep the phone and service I currently enjoy. Could someone give me a logic answer to this? Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo prepaid service is only available at Koodo shops and certain Wal Marts, not even all of them are equipped with it. Mobile Shop and Future Shop/Best Buy don't do Koodo prepaid. However if you went to a Koodo store and the rep said that, then maybe they were telling the truth about being unable to access prepaid account details or they're just lazy. There is also Self Serve to manage your account. Any changes to your account that can be done online will be charged a service fee if you call in but the simple action of talking to someone doesn't. Which kiosk was this?
Sorry - but this answer isn't acceptable to me. If I go to any koodo kiosk to buy a phone, weither or not it's post or prepaid. They should have the availability to have access to any of my customer information and address any concerns or make any purchases I need. Making your customers run around makes no sense. Why can't we have a one stop shop?
chilnvillain . wrote:

Sorry - but this answer isn't acceptable to me. If I go to any koodo kiosk to buy a phone, weithe...

Instead of running around, call ahead first and see if the place you are going to offers prepaid support.
Userlevel 3
chilnvillain . wrote:

Sorry - but this answer isn't acceptable to me. If I go to any koodo kiosk to buy a phone, weithe...

You can always use the store locator tool on the main Koodo website. This will tell you which prepaid stores offer prepaid.
chilnvillain . wrote:

ya we can always call if we want help with our prepaid but we will pay $5.00 and to some ppl $5.00 isnt much money just pocket change but to some ppl that are on very tight fixed incomes that extra $5.00 has to come out from something important like food or hydro! it adds up! i have had to call quite a few times and ea time had to pay and now it totals 30 dollars i have spent on customer service bc i needed help with something that the internet couldnt give me answers with or regarding to. now that 30 dollars could have done my laundry for the month it could have paid my bus fares to work it could have been better spent on grocerys there are a million other uses i could have done with that $30.00 i have never heard of a cell phone company asking for a fee for pre paid costomers to talk to a representitive or customer serveice agent! koodo is the only cell provider so far that i have heard of doing this and i find it completely appaling and in fact have made the decision to change providers bc of this issue
Userlevel 6
Koodo's way on prepaid and to some extent on monthly plans is for people to help themselves. And they are not shy to tell you that. But you can always call if you cant figure it out yourself.
ya we can always call if we want help with our prepaid but we will pay $5.00 and to some ppl $5.00 isnt much money just pocket change but to some ppl that are on very tight fixed incomes that extra $5.00 has to come out from something important like food or hydro! it adds up! i have had to call quite a few times and ea time had to pay and now it totals 30 dollars i have spent on customer service bc i needed help with something that the internet couldnt give me answers with or regarding to. now that 30 dollars could have done my laundry for the month it could have paid my bus fares to work it could have been better spent on grocerys there are a million other uses i could have done with that $30.00 i have never heard of a cell phone company asking for a fee for pre paid costomers to talk to a representitive or customer serveice agent! koodo is the only cell provider so far that i have heard of doing this and i find it completely appaling and in fact have made the decision to change providers bc of this issue
Userlevel 6
Marion Marie Elliott wrote:

ya we can always call if we want help with our prepaid but we will pay $5.00 and to some ppl $5.0...

Hi there, the $5 fee only applies if you ask the representative to do a change that can be done for free online via Self Serve. We never charge our customers calling for support, whether on billing or technical issue. The same way, if you're experiencing issues with Self Serve, the fee won't apply. Are you sure you've been charged $30? Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.

ya we can always call if we want help with our prepaid but we will pay $5.00 and to some ppl $5.0...

Koodoo is not a good server!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why, Wayne?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to buy topup vouchers at Koodo Kiosks http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/topping-up-your-account/where-can-I-buy-a-top-up-voucher otherwise you can buy boosters online on self serve with a credit card