Koodo Community

why can current customers not get plans with bonus data

Why do you not make it possible to allow existing customers upgrades on plans with bonus data. 
Instead of being so worried about getting new customers, maybe do things that allow your existing customers for years to be happy 

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well… you can if you get a phone on tab. Guess that's their idea to incentivize going on tab and being likely to stay for two years. I don't believe that Fido nor virgin are doing it. It is a shame

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Marissa123456789  Goran is correct about the current promotion being available for all customers (new and existing) with the purchase of a new phone.  Like all providers.  We do send special offers for phone upgrades that are only available to existing customer, look out for one of them when you are ready it usually comes with a special rateplan offer too. 

Userlevel 7

If enough Koodo frustrated customers vote with their wallets and choose other providers’ similar promotions, Koodo may reconsider their  current ‘only for new activation or plan upgrade’  policy. At the end of the day Koodo’s interest is to both keep their existing customer base and entice new customers to join.

Userlevel 1

I do have a tab with considerable time left so I should be able to take advantage of the new offers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I do have a tab with considerable time left so I should be able to take advantage of the new offers

Unfortunately it is typical for special promo offers to be conditioned on getting a new phone on tab.

Personally I would wait for black Friday deals. Future deals seems to get better and better if you are still ok with your current data allotment.

Or u can upgrade and then sell the phone too

I agree - they seem to change if the online offer is applicable to ‘you’ at whim… sometimes I see it when I am logged in as a customer but then it is only displayed if I don’t log in on the same day before promo is over,  seems sneaky...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree - they seem to change if the online offer is applicable to ‘you’ at whim… sometimes I see it when I am logged in as a customer but then it is only displayed if I don’t log in on the same day before promo is over,  seems sneaky...

The current promo plans are indeed available for existing customers if you choose to upgrade your phone.

What offer were you looking at?

For example, checking right now, I see this when logged in:

when not loged in I don’t get the $10 off for 10 mths:

This is true for all phones that indicate the $100 credit is given:

Classic Bait and Switch, disappointing… thumbs down Koodo!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For example, checking right now, I see this when logged in:

when not loged in I don’t get the $10 off for 10 mths:

This is true for all phones that indicate the $100 credit is given:

Classic Bait and Switch, disappointing… thumbs down Koodo!

This is an easy fix. All you need to do is contact a Koodo rep. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. They will reinstate the offer for you. 

ok, a bit annoying it has changed online, but thanks for the suggestion, I will contact them

I’m wondering the same thing. 

I just got a callback and they said it would apply later on my bill but why wouldn’t it show up just like if I was logged out??

It seems to be a scam.  After being a loyal customer for over five years I am sick of this.  

0 response from so called koodo reps....

Why are other people not complaining about this b.s.? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

0 response from so called koodo reps....

This is customer forum, that was why. If you need help, you can contact them by follow other comments in your own threads.

And what do other customers think about this issue in this customer fourm)

Ar you ok with this type of b.s. manipulation? 

I am trying to look out for other customers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And what do other customers think about this issue in this customer fourm)

Ar you ok with this type of b.s. manipulation? 

If you think you were manipulated, you can always go to other carriers. Why are you posting multiple questions when you already had the answer?

Just on principle. I will need to drop koodo/telus now

Because the questions were NOT addressed. Why are you so defensive? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Because the questions were NOT addressed. Why are you so defensive? 

Can you post all of your questions in one post? instead of dropping one sentence at a time? It might help to know what you  are up to.

Telling people to leave Koodo when they are not happy is not defensive :)

It is all very clearly depicted in the thread above.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JJ0 

The current offer $10*10 months advertised at the website applies automatically when upgrading online on any tab.

This is not stackable with other discounts.

If you placed or wish to place the order online and won’t see the credit applied on your bill, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Please try including all your feedback/ info in a single reply if possible, rather than posting multiple replies in a row, this would make it easier for all community members to follow the thread and find the answer needed.

Thanks! 

Regards,

Flo