Koodo Community
Question

Who got scammed on the TCL TV? I DID

Hey guys,

WARNING!  I did everything step by step that TCL and KOODO wanted, I got the TCL Pro cell phone that included a free 55” 4k TV…  I got my confirmation that all was good.  Today I got an email from them today saying I was not eligible.  The only reason I got this crappy cell phone was for the tv.  what a scam!!!  I will be contacting BBB and posting everywhere about this scam between Koodo and TCL 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Best I can do to tell you to contact TCL/MySimpleMarketplace to get a better answer/resolution to your problem.

Phone: 800-974-9865

Email: support@mysimplemarketplace.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a copy of the confirmation that says all was good? 

Yes, I did EVERYTHING the was I supposed to.  I have called My Simple Marketplaces and spoke with a really nice lady, she said there must be an issue on their end because she is getting many many calls regarding this.  She took my info and said someone will be in contact within a week to fix the issue.

Best I can do to tell you to contact TCL/MySimpleMarketplace to get a better answer/resolution to your problem.

Phone: 800-974-9865

Email: support@mysimplemarketplace.com

thats what I did.  If they cannot do anything than I will go after Koodo to take back this crappy cell phone and void the contract for not making the commitments to the deal.  It sounds like there is a pile of people that this has happened to and I will do my best to find them all to sort this out as a group.  Maybe start a Facebook page or something along those lines to see how many people got ripped off.   The cell phone is really really crappy too, that's the extra kick in the pants.  I went back to my old cell.  

Happened to me too.. don't forget we had until June 10th to register or you didn't qualify, I think I have the my simple market place form screenshot somewhere. Seems like a lot of ppl also the promo ran until May 20th but they cut it short until May 17th. Luckily I bought my Phone May 16. My Koodo contract says may 16th so they can't say you didn't have a service registered lol. I am in email tag with everyone right now, I think a lot of people tried to scam them maybe they just throwing excuses cuz it's taking so long to sort. Management of these cell companies it's not just Koodo customer btw TCLl and get this sorted. I think the issue is that our phones were in the mail cuz of pandemic and we could not make a call so they are not seeing it done by the 17th. But I talked to a Koodo Rep who couldn't help me really yet, but giing to escalate the issues so hope it helps everyone with this issue. Like I said agent and rep clearly state that my IMEI and service was active on Purchase oof May 16, anyone B4 may17th should be good and I say anyone that did it till May 20 can fight for one as well as that was the original offer date advertised. Anyway I'll be back with more I'll make a thread after my follow up with a Koodo supervisor tomorrow. Thank you all. 

I’m one of them.
And i’m pissed!

I’m one of them.
And i’m pissed!

and the cell phone is complete garbage.  Their excuse for me was I didnt physically turn the cell phone on until the 18th but it was activated the 15th . I will never in a million years recommend Koodo to anyone again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m one of them.
And i’m pissed!

and the cell phone is complete garbage.  Their excuse for me was I didnt physically turn the cell phone on until the 18th but it was activated the 15th . I will never in a million years recommend Koodo to anyone again

To be fair this is a TCL promotion, not a koodo one. 

Koodo provided the link to the terms and conditions of the promo. 

Koodo was also not the only provider who had the TCL promo. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/01/28/virgin-mobile-free-tv-tcl-10-pro/

This is no different than a mail-in rebate or manufacturer's contests.

If Nestle had a mail-in rebate or a contest and they screwed it up, you don't get mad and complain to the grocery store. You need to deal with Nestle. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What puzzles me is that so many people buy a garbage phone just to get a deal. Wouldn't it have been easier to skip the phone and just buy the TV directly?

This is now a case for CBC Marketplace.. how can they pitch someone a free tv just to sell phones and not honor the free tv is illegal business practice imo.

I’m one of them.
And i’m pissed!

To be fair this is a TCL promotion, not a koodo one. 

Koodo provided the link to the terms and conditions of the promo. 

Koodo was also not the only provider who had the TCL promo. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/01/28/virgin-mobile-free-tv-tcl-10-pro/

This is no different than a mail-in rebate or manufacturer's contests.

If Nestle had a mail-in rebate or a contest and they screwed it up, you don't get mad and complain to the grocery store. You need to deal with Nestle. 

Other than Koodo text me the offer….  And was led to believe the TCL Pro was a good cell phone.  its garbage 

What puzzles me is that so many people buy a garbage phone just to get a deal. Wouldn't it have been easier to skip the phone and just buy the TV directly?

I was led to believe the TCL pro was a good cell phone, it is not, it is a garbage phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was led to believe the TCL pro was a good cell phone, it is not, it is a garbage phone 

How did they lead you to believe its a good phone?

Did you read reviews for the phone?

And to continue the analogy, koodo texting your the offer is no different that a grocery y store advertising a contest in their flyers. 

How did they lead you to believe its a good phone?

Did you read reviews for the phone?

And to continue the analogy, koodo texting your the offer is no different that a grocery y store advertising a contest in their flyers. 

Thanks Dennis.  Your analogy is off.  I do not get flyers for any contest from any grocery stores, also this was not a contest and a service I pay for….  This was a free gift promo.  However I did everything by the book like they asked.  They denied and rejected after it was approved and everything was done correct.  I kept the pressure on and was denied 3 times, but guess what…  Yesterday I got an email saying I did in fact do everything I said I did and they provided me with the TV and an upgrade at that.  So what this sounds like to me is they are trying to deny people the free gift and if you roll over and agree your get screwed.   Thank you for siding with the big guys, I am sure you work for Koodo.  Good job