Koodo Community

Community

"who called " service

I hope Koodo has the service "who called " which is basically when someone has his phone turned off, he will recieve messages from koodo woth the numbers that called while the phone was off. Most of the other companies have this service and I'm surpriced that I don't see it here

38 replies

That's what voicemail is for 😉.
As an added note, how exactly is the call supposed to go to the phone when it's turned off? The cell service wouldn't be active so it would automatically go to voicemail.
1-The messages will be delivered once you turn the phone on. 2- Some pepole don't leave voicemails.
There's no way fo the phone/network to know if a call was receive if the phone was off unlesss a Voicemail was left. But hey, if you think this magical service works, please provide a detail explanation on how it works.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

There's no way fo the phone/network to know if a call was receive if the phone was off unlesss a ...

This "magical" service does work, Rogers has been offering it for years, if you spent 2 seconds doing a google search you would have known that, instead you belittle the OP because you've never heard of this feature before. OP: Koodo doesn't offer this, this is the type of thing they chalk up as being a "premium" service, which they don't have to provide being a "discount" carrier.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

There's no way fo the phone/network to know if a call was receive if the phone was off unlesss a ...

If you actually read, you would see there was no belitting done. I asked it to be explained and I'm waiting it. You however, had not reason to come in with an attitude. Quite frankly, if you have nothing to add then don't bother posting.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

By the way, I have googled it and nothing comes up. So please, Mr. All knowing mattjs, how exactly does this service work? I'm waiting and listening Mr. Smarty pants.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whocalled As for the technicalities, I'm not sure how it works, but you're assuming that if someones phone is off then their network doesn't register the call. The phone certainly won't register it, but I'd bet the network is aware a call was placed. Should I google that for you as well?
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I don't accept answers from disrespectful people like yourself who stick their nose in and provide no value to a conversation. A shame. Had you done this earlier, I may have been more welcoming of it.
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So why don't you find the answers yourself then, instead of begging people to provide you proof of how things work, and then just dismissing them. Rogers tech support is just a phone call away, maybe you should go to the source if you don't want any help here. PS what valuable information have you contributed to this thread? So far all you've done is claim that a service like this doesn't exist (false), and that you were unable to find any information about it on google (false). Pot, meet kettle.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

If you took time to read instead of just blindly adding posts, I said that I did google "Who called" service and came up with nothing that explained HOW the service worked. But hey, it's perfectly fine to throw venom at the one person that's asking. That's the community spirit!
Userlevel 2
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Aww poor guy, play the victim card a little bit more why don't you. You called out the OP first, saying that the service doesn't exist. Then, you said he should just use VM instead. Then you called it "magical" twice, again insinuating that it doesn't exist. It's pretty simple, when you call someone, the networks involved log the call. If a phone is off, then obviously that call doesn't go through, but the networks involved still log the attempt . This isn't a "magical" service, the call details come from somewhere. If you want a more technical explanation, it's really quite simple, call Rogers and ask them.
It is not a new thing. Most of the other networks had it for years under different names. "Who called" for example is what it is called on FIDO. It is very usefull service
Mazen Basheikh wrote:

It is not a new thing. Most of the other networks had it for years under different names. "Who ca...

Still waiting on that explanation of this magical service.
Userlevel 1
Mazen Basheikh wrote:

It is not a new thing. Most of the other networks had it for years under different names. "Who ca...

Hey Mazen, we don't offer this service but as you pointed out one or two other companies do. Sometimes for an extra fee, other times as an included feature within an add-on. It's not in the cards at the moment, though naturally it becomes available our website will be updated with this info. While I won't deny that it is a useful service to some, there are other ways to get around it (ways pointed out by other members that posted within this thread). I know it's not the answer that you wanted to read so I do apologize. I just felt that at this stage, an official answer was needed 🙂
This is an example that will hopefully help you understanding what we are talking about. http://www.fido.ca/web/content/manageyourcalls/whocalled
Mazen Basheikh wrote:

This is an example that will hopefully help you understanding what we are talking about. http:...

Doesn't explain how it works, just what the service does. Please tell me how this service detect calls made to a cell phone that is turned off.
Userlevel 7
The Doctor, your attitude and tone towards others is turning disrespectful. Again, as I mentioned in another thread, you commented without knowing anything about the subject. The problem isn't that you commented, the problem is you believed what you said so much that you started attacking others. You ARE belittling others. You looked it up and didn't find anything? It took me less than 5 seconds. Here you go, the links for BOTH ROGERS AND FIDO! http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=NEW_GCT&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&content10=whocalled&sub_template=essentials2&template=wireless-plans http://www.fido.ca/web/content/addon/who_called So now, PLEASE tell me how this service isn't possible? It's been offered for many years by Rogers and Fido. If you want to know how the 'magical service' works, I would ask them because I don't know the technicals of it all but if they can, Koodo can. My last note, watch what you say to others. I highly recommend others to utilize the report a no-no function.
Ahmad wrote:

The Doctor, your attitude and tone towards others is turning disrespectful. Again, as I mentioned...

I'm still waiting for an explanation on HOW the service works, not what the service does. Linking Fido/Rogers does not offer me that explanation and there doesnt' seem to be any other explanation on the specifics. I give back what is dished out so maybe others should watch what they say as well. All I did was ask for an explanation and it's yet been given. Is it so wrong to ask how something works on here? Apparently it is. Well when you decide to provide an explanation on how the service works(Note: not what the service is and yes, there is a difference), I'll be more than happy to accept it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

The Doctor, your attitude and tone towards others is turning disrespectful. Again, as I mentioned...

Dish out what you get doesn't work when your the first one to act improperly 😉
Ahmad wrote:

Seeing as how all I did initially was politely ask and have been met with nothing but venom, I fail to see how I initiated anything to begin with. But I see that when asking a question politely, the klik of Koodo Get Satisfaction rally and hammer down on the guy that's never heard of who called and is asking for how it works. If that's how a community is, then maybe I need to rethink about spending my time on here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Come on you were not asking politely, you were being sarcastic in insinuating the OP didn't know what they were talking about. Anyways thanks for reminding me of this great track from Swollen Members https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSb0zt53RSs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Ahmad wrote:

Great song, no doubt. I'm still waiting for an answer though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Hi Doctor, We all are obliged (as per Koodo's community rules) to be considerate to others. This does not include demanding explanations or "giving back what is dished out", It DOES include offering friendly reminders to be nice and make ourselves familiar with the community guidelines. We (whoever "we" might be) are not a clique - far from it really - and if if you feel that is the case, that says more about you than the other participants in this forum. I might contact Koodo to "report" this thread as a potential flame hazard, but all they will do is tell us what has already been suggested: to play nice. Or, at worst, they will lock this thread, which I'm sure none of us want. So let's all do the responsible thing and play nice without being told 🙂 This applies to all us of, veterans or new members 😃
Ahmad wrote:

All of this could have been avoided if someone would just provide the answer. Clearly it is not on Google as I have shown.