Koodo Community

When you become a Koodo customer online from Newfoundland, you are assigned a BC area code instead of an NL one.

• 5 September 2020
  • 7 replies

I've set up 2 new lines for myself and another, 6 months apart, and both times I'm given a BC number, meaning you can't port your number over online, making the person have to call in and get a rep to do it.

Has anyone else had this issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 7

I assume that BC is the default ‘home’  area if the customer’s location is in doubt. Porting, when successful will resolve the BC number issue (as the NL ported number will replace the temp BC number). You need to involve live support rep to help with the porting. Try to set a callback via www.koodomobile.com/chat to work out the porting issue. Good luck!

@nim4165 hi, I have corrected the issue both times by calling a rep, it just shouldn't be this way I'd you enter your info as NL, it's just a hassle, trying to raise awareness as the Koodo reps never seemed to fix the issue of it auto assigning to BC (or forwarding an IT ticket to the right area)

Userlevel 7

I agree that Koodo needs to fix the issue of auto assigning BC. Maybe the Koodo system have been designed before 1949 (when NL joined the confederation) and that’s why it does not recognize NL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a BC address on your account?  Was the account created in BC?

@Dennis No, both times were brand new accounts, NL addresses used, while located in NL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis No, both times were brand new accounts, NL addresses used, while located in NL.

is the email for community login the same for your self serve?  If so I can flag a rep for you,

is the email for community login the same for your self serve?  If so I can flag a rep for you,

The issue is resolved for me as I just called both times and had the rep port the number. I just posted the issue here to raise awareness so that maybe someone can fix the issue internally, for future customers who sign up.