Feedback
When will Koodo support the apple watch? Is Koodo going to support it eventually? | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

When will Koodo support the apple watch? Is Koodo going to support it eventually?

• 30 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Seems odd that some carriers do not support the Apple Watch cellular when there are so many out there.  Will Koodo ever support it?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 30 July 2021, 22:56

There have been no mentions of it recently. Only the top tier brands support it (Telus, Bell, Rogers) but their lower brands don't (Koodo, Virgin, Fido). This is both to keep some separation between brands but also because it's a costly thing to implement and they just haven't heard the interest yet.

In saying that, there is very little difference between the GPS and GPS+LTE Apple watches. Really the LTE watch just gives you the ability to receive notifications and use data on the watch when you don't have your phone on you but I'd say most of the time people always have their phones on them so this feature isn't needed.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There have been no mentions of it recently. Only the top tier brands support it (Telus, Bell, Rogers) but their lower brands don't (Koodo, Virgin, Fido). This is both to keep some separation between brands but also because it's a costly thing to implement and they just haven't heard the interest yet.

In saying that, there is very little difference between the GPS and GPS+LTE Apple watches. Really the LTE watch just gives you the ability to receive notifications and use data on the watch when you don't have your phone on you but I'd say most of the time people always have their phones on them so this feature isn't needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Seems odd that some carriers do not support the Apple Watch cellular when there are so many out there.  Will Koodo ever support it?

I would not bank on it happening any time soon. For now, you will have to switch to Telus, Bell, Rogers, or Freedom Mobile in order to get a data plan for your Apple Watch.

Well let’s keep pressuring Koodo to add that support. I must not be the only one?!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well let’s keep pressuring Koodo to add that support. I must not be the only one?!?

There are several similar threads in the forum. You can search and vote for it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can submit a post as an Idea to get the ball rolling.