Koodo Community

Community

When will koodo bring roll over data?

The USA company AT&T uses roll over data. This means that the data you do not use in this month can be used in the next month. Since I'm guessing koodo will never release unlimited data plans I think that roll over data would be a valid solution to those data hungry people!

6 replies

Badge +4
You'll have to switch to prepaid to enjoy rollover minutes and data.
Monthly subscribers should get roll over data...some months in use more, some months in on WiFi more...it depends if I'm travelling or not, we pay for it..why should it expire at the end of the month? Comes down to profits..Koodo feels like it will lose money...the funny thing is, if they did implement roll over data they would get a lot more new customers switching over as no other cell provider has it....dont believe me Koodo??? just try it for a year and u will see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jon H wrote:

Monthly subscribers should get roll over data...some months in use more, some months in on WiFi m...

Price would likely go up. [i]Prepaid data and minuted are more expensive, because Koodo knows I will use every last bit. For every thousand [i]postpaid customers, I am sure there are hundreds who don't use their full allotment, and many who get dinged for overages, so for 1000 gigs sold, maybe 750 actually used, some at overtime rates. Many people just want a predictable monthly charge so they can budget. Every provider "overbookd" line the airlines.

Better yet would be the ConsumerCellular system where you can change your billing plan for the whole month up till the last day of the billing cycle. Pile it on or cut back to match your current usage without pro-rata complications.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jon H wrote:

Monthly subscribers should get roll over data...some months in use more, some months in on WiFi m...

I agree, and have made this suggestion over 2 years ago. But, it's been made clear that Koodo isn't interested in this approach.
Userlevel 5
Jon H wrote:

So do you think the roll over data should continually accumulate and banked, or should there be a limit on data, under a roll over plan?
Jon H wrote:

No limit would be best, but I'd be okay with a yearly reset.