Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the difference between Unlimited Canadian LD and Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes?

What is the difference between Unlimited Canadian LD and Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, if any? I'm looking at switching to a new plan but the plan I have now has Unlimited Canadian LD and the one I want to switch to has Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes so I was just wondering what, if any , is the difference?

26 replies

Userlevel 7
There's no difference. Same thing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

There's no difference. Same thing

Not necessarily. Unlimited long distance might mean that while your talk time is limited there are no long distance tolls regardless of how long you talk. Any plan with limited minutes, however, will clearly state how many minutes it includes. If it doesn't list a number, then it is an unlimited plan.
Can you clarify this a little more, please?  The difference between  unlimited and anytime minutes, if any?
Userlevel 7
LJ wrote:

Can you clarify this a little more, please?  The difference between  unlimited and anyt...

See below.
Userlevel 7
Please stop looking at the wording. Unlimited minutes, unlimied anytime minutes are the same thing. You're confusing yourself by looking at the wording way too much. If you have a limited number of minutes (which are 'anytime' minutes, stop looking at the wording) then you are limited to that amount of minutes during calling throughout the day until your free evenings and weekends minutes take over. Unlimited is unlimited.
If its the same thing then why bother with  'anytime' in the wording...I am not confusing myself rather Koodo confuses the issue with their wording. 
Userlevel 6
LJ wrote:

If its the same thing then why bother with  'anytime' in the wording...I am not confusing my...

We've strayed a little bit from the original topic.
The difference between unlimited canada wide minutes and unlimited canadian long distance.

The former gives you 24/7 calling in canada.
And the latter prevents you from ever being charged long distance fees.
So if you're on a 300 minute plan with unlimited canadian long distance, you still only have 300 minutes, but you never get charged long distance.

Userlevel 5
LJ wrote:

If its the same thing then why bother with  'anytime' in the wording...I am not confusing my...

Great description of that Mitchell, very understandable and good to know.
More or less what Timo said as well.
Userlevel 6
LJ wrote:

Thank mate.
Yeah timo is the master, but sometimes you just need to hear something simplified and with examples to get the message across.
Cheers
LJ wrote:

OK gentlemen. I'm an old folk so still slightly confused. Is "Canada-wide" not the same as "long distance?" If it is, why don't they just put long distance in brackets for us old farts? Sorry Ahmed but wording is often what gets people stuck with bills they aren't expecting to receive.

My plans says I have "unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes" so, from what I've read, I can talk any time of day or night without being cut off because there is no limit on how long I can talk. BUT, does is also mean (because of "Canada-wide") that I can call from NB to ON without incurring long distance charges?

Does it mean that if I am on vacation in ON, I can call from ON to AB without long distance charges even though I live in NB? I thought long distance charges depended upon where you bought your phone and what cell towers it uses to make the call.

Thanks for your patience with me on this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Canada wide means you can call from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada without any extra long distance charges.
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

So NO other charges? Never charged for calling from outside your home province? Example, you live in Alberta, you travel to BC and from BC you make a call to Ontario. If you are on the Canada wide anytime, does ypur plan cover that with no extra charge at all? Just because we are paranoid, it doesn't mean there is no reason to be. What is a long distance booster plan? I have read that this is an add-on needed. Is that correct? When is it needed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

If it as Canada wide or nationwide that's what it is. Current prepaid plans cover provincial wide calling and that is self-desceiptive. Only to the province that you're in. But Canada wide = Canada wide.
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Thanks. This is an official Koodoo response, correct? You work for Voodoo?
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Ha ha, Koodoo not Voodoo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

No, the Mobile Masters do not work for Koodo, they’re just very knowledgeable customers.
LJ wrote:

Prepaid long distance explained

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-travprepaidel-and-roaming-
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Not sure why link doesn't connect for ne
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Can you try just going to koodomobile.com and navigating to that page?
LJ wrote:

Very strange. It worked before. Try this one. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid
LJ wrote:

Very strange. It worked before. Try this one. https://www.koodomobile.com/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Thx it works
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Ya I found the stuff when I was on the koodoo site. Thought this was a koodoo chat line run by koodo initially.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LJ wrote:

Well, it is run by Koodo but it is primarily volunteers that answer.
Userlevel 1
LJ wrote:

Oh ok. Thx