Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the advantage of taking the 45$ Canada-Wide Data Plans (with 1 GB)?

Hello, I am with the 25$ Canada-Wide Talk and Text Plans with the flexible data. 100 minutes is 2 times what i need now. Now for 20$ i got 1 Go with PAY-PER-USE DATA SAVER. What is the advantage to take the 45$ Canada-Wide Data Plans (with 1 Go)?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Prof, I'm actually not entirely clear what you mean... how much data would you like to use? If you only call 50 minutes per month, you might consider going back to the $20 plan and make use of the flexible data, but it is a bit hard to advice based on what you just said. In my opinion the Data plans are actually better for people who call more and the Talk & Text plans for people who prefer a lot of data.... so I'd say they are a bit oddly named 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Prof, I'm actually not entirely clear what you mean... how much data would you like to use?...

I just did a quick math for you, If you really don't need to call more than 50 minutes per month (both incoming and outgoing and at all times), you could consider going back to the $20 plan, and have up to 1GB of data for an additional $20. If you use less data, you pay less.... With the $45 plan, currently you get up to 400 minutes, 5pm/weekend unlimited calling, unlimited incoming and up to 1GB of data. You never pay less than that though. In both cases overage data is $10 per GB. The latter is definitely the better deal, but in the end, it all depends on your own needs 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Hi Prof, I'm actually not entirely clear what you mean... how much data would you like to use?...

Ok thanks, i supposes i miss something but we are doing the same math.... Thanks!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Any time 😃 You can do your own math if you like: http://goo.gl/88DFC (I created this spreadsheet a while back just to help me decide too) 😃
Sophia wrote:

Wow great job, i wish i could do something like that! Another thing for the data (we do math now no?) on the 25$ plan, if i use 3Go i got an extra of 30$ for a total of 55$. On the 45$ Canada-Wide Data Plans, i use 3 Go i got 4 Additional data $5/500MB for a total extra of 20$ and a total bill of 65$.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Yes correct! I'd say you'd definitely be better off with the $45 plan... For a little bit extra ($10) you get so much more!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

One more math... If you go to the $60 plan, everything is totally unlimited (calls) and 2+1= 3gb data will cost $70 🙂
Sophia wrote:

yep but all the unlimited are useless for me, it could be nice to have and add-on of 5Go for 25$
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This might help too? Here is calculator of “How much data will you need?” http://koodomobile.com/en/on/datacalculator.shtml And most places offer free WIFI as part of their service, use it so you don’t have to use up your data.