Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is International Texting?

Userlevel 2
Okay, this "international" texting has me confused. Koodo website says: All base plans include: •Voicemail(5) •Call Display •Call Waiting •Conference Calling [b]•International text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada(2) From dictionary dot com: in·ter·na·tion·al [in-ter-nash-uh-nl] adjective 1. between or among nations; involving two or more nations: international trade. 2. of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens: a matter of international concern. 3. pertaining to the relations between nations: international law. 4. having members or activities in several nations: an international organization. 5. transcending national boundaries or viewpoints: an international benefit; an international reputation. So, it sounds to me, by reading on Koodos website, that I can send and receive texts to and from the U.S., as long as I am in Canada. I know that's wrong, but, that is what it is worded as, to me.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
As long as your phone is in Canada, you can send texts to anywhere around the world. If your phone is in Canada, you can receive texts from anywhere around the world. No additional costs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha it's true: international texting means: international, as in, every country in the world (though Koodo does not guarantee that all providers in the world are able to receive them) 🙂
Userlevel 2
Sophia wrote:

Haha it's true: international texting means: international, as in, every country in the world (th...

This is what I love from the Mobile Masters. Regardless of the "Difficulty" of the question. They always get so respectful and nice towards customers! Let me give you a star for kindness !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why do people always assume things mean something other than they appear to?
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I always assume things mean some thing different than they appear, because, usually they are.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Maybe with other providers 😉
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Okay, that may explain it. I just canceled from another provider 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I text the USA! You are not imagining it. It is true!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I know it is too good to be true, right? 🙂