Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens to the remaining minutes/data in a pre-paid booster if you purchase a second booster before using up the first?

See topic.... Will the first booster be used until it's depleted, or are the minutes/data forfeit? I want to purchase a some voice and data under the double promotion but i still have 300+ minutes and 250+ MB of data left on my first boosters.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Boosters are stackable so they will just keep adding to each other giving you more data or minutes. So grab a bunch while they're on sale and get enough data and minutes to last you the whole year if you want.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've stocked up on boosters, Harry, and they will just be added one of top of the other. It's an awesome deal the double boosters and I bought 3 x $25 1000 minutes = 3000 minutes and also 3 x $30 2GB = 6GB in total 😃 That on top of the boosters I still hadn't left 🙂
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

I've stocked up on boosters, Harry, and they will just be added one of top of the other. It's an ...

It's very nice to know that for the next couple of years, your monthly cell costs will be fixed at $15 :oD
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I've stocked up on boosters, Harry, and they will just be added one of top of the other. It's an ...

Indeed 😃 But I'll cry if Koodo ever offers an even better deal 😛
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

Make sure you keep on paying your base plan though because once you miss a base plan top off, your prepaid service will shut down and I believe your boosters will be gone...?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

It's not quite all that bad, John 🙂 You'll lose your boosters if you don't renew the base plan for 90 days... not immediately thank goodness!
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

Oh, 90 days! Alright, that's actually not that bad. If it was immediately, I'm pretty sure lots of people would be devastated!
Sophia wrote:

What happens if I use my full 1GB of data booster? Do i have to add it on every month or does it automatically top up like my base plan will
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

You can not use data until you add another booster. You may consume the data in a week, or 4 months, and once at or near 'empty' you would need to login and purchase a fresh one. Same for your bucket of minutes.

Sophia wrote:

so my data booster will not automatically top like my base plan will. I have to manually go in and add another booster of data to my account
Sophia wrote:

and if so how do i do this? This is my first time using prepaid so i want to ensure i am doing it correctly

Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Correct.
Sophia wrote:

alright how do i do it so i can make sure i do it correctly
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Login to your prepaid self serve account. From the Overview window, select 'Add booster Add-ons'. Select the data booster you want from the left pane and choose 'Add to My Order' so that it shows up in the right pane. Select, 'Top Up to Purchase Booster Add-on(s)'. If you have a registered Visa debit card, or top-up voucher, you will be taken to a payment window to complete the purchase. Since this is a booster add-on/top up, you will have to click on the 'go back' link to apply the funds toward the data booster. After this step, you should be all set.
Sophia wrote:

ok thank you
Sophia wrote:

How do you know when there's a booster sale on? Koodo prepaid & boosters are perfect for how I use my phone. Sale pricing would make it even better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

You just have to keep checking the website / self serve to see when they go on sale.... Koodo may also send out texts for deals
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

To date (since 2012) Koodo has only had two sales, one in 2013 and the other last year. Both were around Christmas time... so that is when you should keep your eyes open. I didn't get a text message but it'll be on their site and on Facebook I'm sure. I'm hoping there will be another sale this year!