Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happened to the $20 canada wide talk and text plan?

19 replies

This is what is currently being offered now, the plans being offer are being changed often to keep up with competition and so on. You can always call koodo and see if they will offer you a canada wide plan for $20 which is not advertised anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PZABOY wrote:

This is what is currently being offered now, the plans being offer are being changed often to kee...

I've heard a couple days ago the $20 plan is still in the system you just have to ask for it like PZABOY stated above., so it shouldn't be a problem to get if you want. That is if it's still in the system today
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The fact is, although the $20 plan was $5 cheaper, it was really a far worse deal than the $25 plan since it only included 50 minutes a month with no unlimited evenings or weekends. Most people ended up upgrading anyway due to high overage charges. It is still available through customer service if you absolutely must have it though.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The fact is, although the $20 plan was $5 cheaper, it was really a far worse deal than the $25 pl...

That plan had an advantage. The "heavy" data usage package. For $15 you get 500 MB, 1 GB for $5 more. I personally stay way under 50 min and 50 texts. I use the data though. With the 10% discount I pay 31.50. There is no way to get any package with 500 MB at this price with the currently advertised packages 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The fact is, although the $20 plan was $5 cheaper, it was really a far worse deal than the $25 pl...

Data saver heavyweight, which you are referring to, was not available with the $20 talk and text plan, as this plan included the pay per use data saver already. Data saver heavyweight has not been available with new plans since the talk and text plans were introduced over 6 months ago.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I know and it is unfortunate... The current "data saver" (a misnomer as it does not save any data 🙂 ) is not as good; for $15 you get 300 MB...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

And for $20 you get 1 GB.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

But I also have to pay 25 for stuff that I do not use under the current packages 😞 ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

As previously stated, twice, on this same thread, the $20 talk and text plan is still available through customer service if you absolutely must have it.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The current pay per use data saver was original set as an add-on. If you look back you'll see that the tiers are exactly the same.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes, before we had a choice, now we do not. That choice made me choose Koodo. Now it just matches exactly the "data savers" from the other companies in the oligopoly...
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

You still have a choice. Talk & Text plan w/ pay per use data or a rate plan with data included.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Your are right, we do have that choice. I was talking about a different choice: the choice of the "data saver" ...
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The original data saver had the best tiered rates, which is the same as the current pay per use data saver.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Do you think 300 for the $15 step is better than 500 for the same $15 step?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Yes, I do. Why? Because if you use less than 300mb, you aren't going to be paying $15, where as with the heavyweight data saver you're paying $15 for the first 500mb. If you only use 250 of that 500, that's a waste. You may not believe it and that's your choice to, but the Original Data Saver(which is the current pay per use data saver) is better than the heavyweight data saver. Always has been, always will be.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The two were different. Each had its own benefits. That is why having that choice was better. For somebody using between 300 and 500, that was a better choice... I can guarantee you that Koodo makes more money now without that choice. That is why they removed that choice.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I'm talking about the ORIGINAL data saver, not the "lightweight/heavyweight" data savers. The original data saver had the same tiers as the current pay per use data saver. The lightweight/heavyweight data savers weren't as good as the original.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm disappointed that the $30 data plan is gone, in my opinion, for fairly light users that was a perfect plan... especially with the double deal!