Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What does "unlimited incoming calls" mean?

This has always confused me. If my plan does not include unlimited incoming calls, does that mean incoming calls I receive subtract minutes from my plan? Thanks.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. It will use your minutes when you receive calls if you don't have "unlimited incoming calls". But the incoming calls(and out going calls) during the unlimited evening and weekends on Canada-wide plan will not impact your anytime minutes if you are in Canada
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since you did have it right, may I ask what else you thought it might mean?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Since you did have it right, may I ask what else you thought it might mean?

I really had no idea. That my own minutes would be used for calls I received made the most sense, but for some reason that didn't seem right. Now I know.
So why does Koodo have an add-on of "unlimited incoming calls" that's offered with plans with unlimited minutes? A website bug?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't have a plan with unlimited, you can add the "unlimited incoming calls" if you want. If you have a plan with unlimited minutes, you can just ignore it. Not all plan includes unlimited minutes.
Thanks Mayumi. I'd file this one under "website bug". I wonder how many people are paying an unnecessary $10/month add-on....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hopefully none. What plan do you have? Is it includes unlimited minutes? Have you been paying for "unlimited incoming calls" add-on?
I'm fine -- was looking at plans for my sister so only in shopping mode. For what she needs, given above clarification, postpaid/monthly seems cheaper than prepaid. However, I suspect postpaid has added taxes and fees that prepaid bundles, so that the real cost is cheaper prepaid. That's the one remaining thing I need to figure out. BTW, in Safari/Chrome for Mac the add-in checkboxes for monthly plans don't, actually, check. They are, in other words, uncheckable. I suspect the website code is very old (new site not online yet).
Userlevel 3
jfaughnan wrote:

I'm fine -- was looking at plans for my sister so only in shopping mode. For what she needs, ...

I have a postpaid plan and pay the plan price plus the taxes. Taxes cannot really be included in the listed price as they change between provinces. I've been with other providers and had a bunch of extra mysterious fees, but I haven't found that to be the case with Koodo. I'm not sure how taxes figure with prepaid. Maybe someone with prepaid can comment: are they in addition to the $15 per month base plan or does the $15 include/account for taxes? Now I've got a new phone on plan medium so there is an additional $5 charge. That was made clear when I got the phone so I don't have a problem with that. Something to consider is the tab discount with post-paid but not with prepaid. If you get a phone on tab Koodo pays 15% of your bill towards your tab. If you bring your own phone, or buy it outright, you can get 10% off each monthly bill. Just something for you to consider with postpaid vs prepaid.
jfaughnan wrote:

I'm fine -- was looking at plans for my sister so only in shopping mode. For what she needs, ...

Great comment, thanks! I'm in US, but I pay for a virgin mobile prepaid plan for my sister. There are no added fees/taxes so they must be somehow bundled into the prepaid fee. That fee doesn't seem to vary by Province, so I assume there's some cross-subsidy. When you compare postpaid+taxes/fees to prepaid I think the price difference narrows sharply, even with BYOD.