Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What an outrageous gouge for roaming

How does Koodo justify a 150% increase in US roaming? It used to cost $30 for 10 days ofunlimited talk and text. Now with the ourrageous Easy Roam it will cost $70 and you use your own minutes to boot. The pay per use rates would be cheaper. Time to find another provider. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe you could call Koodo to have the previous add-on. Some reported that they could do it.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

I believe you could call Koodo to have the previous add-on. Some reported that they could do it.

From my understanding, they only offer the old 30 day US roaming and not the 3 or 10 day ones. But I could be wrong, just keep in mind that they may not offer all of the old US roaming add-ons through customer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

You might be right, that is the Telus approach. I personally believe Koodo should have more options to make Koodo a better brand than Telus (like little brother is smarter compared to the old one)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is what a lot of providers have now a days. I would just suggest unlocking your phone and getting a US SIM for when you travel over there. They will have the cheapest options compared to any Canadian carrier.
I work in the states and was using $75 for 30 days. With the new plan I could pay $200 if the 30 days was over 2 billing periods. I just switched to freedom (formerly wind).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
brett wrote:

I work in the states and was using $75 for 30 days. With the new plan I could pay $200 if the 30 ...

Why not get a US plan, with calling in Canada, or a Canadian plan that transparently allows you to use the phone and data in the USA as though there was no border? Telus has one for a $10 premium over their regular plans.

Btw I contacted customer service by email and got a standard reply.