Koodo Community
Solved

Web page goes black when trying to "Change my plan"

Hey everyone,

I’m running into a similar problem as others have posted here.  I log into Koodo’s self serve portal, look at the available cell plans I can switch to, choose one of the time-limited exclusive plans, click the “Yes, switch my plan” button, and I get a completely black screen as a result. 

I tried this on multiple browsers, computers, and phones, all with the same result.

I cracked open Chrome’s debugger console on one of my Macs to see what was going on, and I saw that Koodo’s web server is reporting back a 500 (Internal Server Error) code along with a tiny amount of JSON {code: "API-PUT-OFFERS-UNDEFINED"} when I push the button and some API call is made.

Clearly there’s something wrong on Koodo’s web server (only buggy servers report 500).  So, who do I have to talk to about getting this addressed?

Thanks!

Chris.

icon

Best answer by Dennis 5 May 2022, 06:30

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have seen multiple reports of this reports of this. Not a lot, but enough.

Let me flag a rep for you 

Awesome, thanks Dennis!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chrissa 

This is a known issue and currently is being investigated by our tech team. We are sorry for the inconvenience created.

We have sent you a PM through community, so we can assist with the change, please check your inbox when you get the chance.

Thanks!

Hi @Flo Koodo,

Thanks for joining this thread and the update on the issue.  I just hit you guys back on PM!

Chris.

As a final followup,  Koodo, through PMs, very easily and quickly upgraded me to the plan I wanted.  Thanks to Koodo staff and @Dennis for helping me sort through this!

Chris.

I am having the same issue.  How do I get this resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've flagged a Rep to assist you. Hopefully one should be able to un the morning.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there, @Richard Batenburg !  Apologies, our team is currently looking into this issue, we have sent you a PM through the community, so we can assist with the change, please check your inbox when you get the chance.

Hello

I am having the same issue, what should I do ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there @Synn1 , Sorry to hear about that, what plan are you trying to apply? 

Hello @Boa_Guy Koodo 

I am trying to apply for the $40 6GB plan

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Synn1  We don’t currently offer a $40 6GB plan, is it a special renewal offer that you received?  If so, renewal offers usually require an upgrade to a new device.  I will send you a PM to get more info. 

Having the same problem. Multiple browsers tried also. No luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Tylar G 

What’s the plan that you are looking to switch to? 

having the same problem, try all different ways but no luck, please help. just want to change my current plan to $40 6gb plan that’s exclusive offer for me - 22 days left!

I had to actually schedule a callback from customer service and speak to a rep to solve this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

having the same problem, try all different ways but no luck, please help. just want to change my current plan to $40 6gb plan that’s exclusive offer for me - 22 days left!

This offer is special renewal offer that usually require an upgrade to a new device.  Did you add a device in the cart too?

This offer is special renewal offer that usually require an upgrade to a new device.  Did you add a device in the cart too?

no, it did not require upgrade to new device - click ‘Yes, switch my plan’ then the screen just blackout,….

Use Koodo Assist and schedule a call back for a customer rep.  That's what finally worked for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

no, it did not require upgrade to new device - click ‘Yes, switch my plan’ then the screen just blackout,….

Then I would contact Koodo to accept the offer. Make sure you mention them that the self serve doesn't work. 

This is also an issue for me. I have been trying for a few days to upgrade my plan using a time-stamped offer in the Self Serve section. I used the support chat to schedule a callback and the rep said he couldn’t help me, because he can’t see an error code. But, he said that he would log a service ticket. He also said that it may take two weeks to get the response for the ticket. I am hoping that the offer won’t expire by then. Can I get some help from a rep?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there @FlynnsBoy,  We have sent you a private message to get some more info. 

@Richard Batenburg @Mayumi   scheduled a call back and the rep changed it for me, problem solved! thanks guys!

I’m currently experiencing the same issue when trying to change my plan. 

Any further updates? I’m also getting the black screen and the offer is time-locked