Koodo Community

Community

We The People Want More Data!

Koodo honestly needs to make bigger data packages, other companies have Data options as high as 10GB. I use my smartphone for everything, and I'm exceeding my dinkie 2GB data within a two week time period. This pay per use stuff is Ridiculous. Big & Better data Packages come on Koodo!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Well feel free to go with the provider that gives you that 10GB data plan and pay the ridiculous amount. Even if you BYOD it's $125/month. Also 2GB isn't dinky; I use my data every day and barely go above 1 most months... because I conserve it. You should consider getting home internet (if you don't already) and using your phone more for WiFi when watching videos, try not to have apps/notifications constantly updating, and prevent your phone from auto-syncing all the time. 2GB in a 2 week period is a lot. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you; I would like to see higher data packages, but 10Gb is totally overkill and calling 2GB "dinky" is like calling the Nexus 5 slow and laggy.
Jonathan I wrote:

Well feel free to go with the provider that gives you that 10GB data plan and pay the ridiculous ...

I live in a very rural area, so the option to pay for internet is just as much/more as the option as increasing my Data plan, so why have two bills when i can keep it to one. Also at my office we don't have WiFi. I'm just suggesting more Data options would be nice. Thank you for your comment 🙂
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Well feel free to go with the provider that gives you that 10GB data plan and pay the ridiculous ...

Then move! Lol I'm kidding, I understand the pains of living in a rural area; I used to manage the Uxbridge Mobile Shop and we had this same kind of thing going on where people came in who didn't even have home internet and I was like "wat"... tough break there. Maybe invest in a Rocket stick or get a Telus flex data plan (SIM-only) and hotspot your phone at home? Up to 5GB for $40, but you can't call or text with it unless you pay through the nose for the PPU charges.
Userlevel 3
Jonathan I wrote:

I see the data plan for Tablets at Telus being $45 (maybe a different province). If you use the SIM in your phone it will cost a LOT more. I think they may differentiate by sending a text message but I'm not sure how they tell the difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

That's only if you use the phone to make calls/texts. If you go data-only and use a VoIP service like Fongo or Google Voice, it can be quite cost-efficient.
Userlevel 3
Jonathan I wrote:

Actually it was charging a per MB rate for the data if the SIM is used in a phone rather than a tablet. It was separate than the plan and very expensive.