Koodo Community

Community

Waived OR Per KB / MB Rate Before the $5 Data Saver Kicks In

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Currently if data is accidentally used (lets say 0.05MB) caused by accidentally opening a web browser or WAP browser it is automatically charged $5 for the data saver rate. This causes unhappy customers plus additional calls to the call center to get this charge reversed. I suggest that any data use 500KB or less (or any other reasonable amount) results in a waived data charge or a per KB/MB charge. Ex. A $0.50 per 500KB charge would be less likely to upset customers or results in people calling in to correct. At 5MB the $5 Data Saver will kick in. Note that the rate and amount suggested are only examples as long as it isn't an immediate $5 hit for 0.05MB data use.

23 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi Dennis ! As of what I know, Koodo is not using anymore the 5$ Data saver addons, if you're referring to Monthly Pay-per-use Data rate : from 0 to 5 MB it'll cost $3 per MB, and for 5+ MB it'll cost 5¢ per MB. Data can be blocked on the handset and apps notifications, updates should be turned off to avoid your phone using Data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

Hi Dennis ! As of what I know, Koodo is not using anymore the 5$ Data saver addons, if you're re...

Yes I'm talking about the Canada Wide Talk and Text Plans where ALL PLANS INCLUDE PAY-PER-USE DATA SAVER (Sorry copy and paste from Koodo since all the CAPS). I do not want to block data as my mom does send and receive MMS. My mom uses the dumb phone.
Userlevel 7
Mat, with the exceptions of the Data Plans and iPhone Contract plans, The pay per use data included in all of the other plans starts at 5$ for up to 25MB so if the user accidentally had a few KB Data use it would indeed result in a 5$ charge for that lower tier. You need to recheck your figures Mat, there may have been some updates since you last checked. See the graph attached. 0Mb is Free, 0-25mb is 5$, 25-100mb is 10$, 100-300mb is 15$, 300-1gb is 20$, 1GB-3GB is 30$, After 30gb the rate is 10$ per GB I'm with Denis on this. I like the idea of lets say the first 500kb included at no charge.

Userlevel 1
I agree with you Chad, I was just explaining the Pay per use Data billing in case Dennis was put on the old plan with no Data addons. Thank you for reminding me the new Koodo Data plans billing.
I believe the first 25KB are not counted as a way to avoid that initial charge.
Userlevel 7
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I don't see that anywhere unless it's an unwritten rule.
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'll call Koodo later today to see if I can get confirmation.
Userlevel 1
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Correct Dr. the first 25KB are not counted
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Maybe increase that limit? My mom was charged the 0.05MB (or 50KB) as the koodo kiosk was helping my mom with her phone and they opened the WAP browser causing the data use. However I have seen people make similar complaints on facebook and thought this would be a good idea. But I still think a per MB rate until the $5 is hit before it goes to the $5 for 25MB might be helpful. Cause fewer customer complaints for inadvertent data use. Or raise the limit to 500KB before it is counted (an accidental web browser opening can easily use 500KB per 1 webpage)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd go one further and give 5 to 10 MB per month for free to everybody... honestly it can't cost Koodo anything and it would create such goodwill 🙂 Or if they must penny pinch, 10 cents per MB for the first 10 MB 😉
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

I'd go one further and give 5 to 10 MB per month for free to everybody... honestly it can't cost ...

That is an excellent idea! Even the penny pinching one! Would avoid a LOT of angry customer calls, I think.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

I'd go one further and give 5 to 10 MB per month for free to everybody... honestly it can't cost ...

I think this is an amazing idea and would definitely make a lot of people happy and happy customers are loyal customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or at least find a way to let MMS going through without other apps accessing internet...Some kind of data-app block.
Let's get this idea put into affect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

It already jumped from 25 kb to 250 kb with the latest batch of talk and text plans (Jan 23).
KaneSlavik wrote:

Add 2 more zeroes and then it'd be worth it. 250KB is barely anything.
Userlevel 3
KaneSlavik wrote:

Easier said then done.But in reality if you're using more then 250KB there should be no reasoning behind it unless it's data leakage or some picture msging going on.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

250kb is a pittance at least something in the low mb range is what should be there imo
KaneSlavik wrote:

Software updates when the phone is first activated go beyond 250KB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

Software updates when the phone is first activated go well beyond 5 MB as well. Not the best example for the change suggested in this thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

^ Virtual Star
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KaneSlavik wrote:

I would edit the idea if I could to the 5to 10 MB Sophia suggested
Userlevel 1
I have put this topic on the board. Please support and give a +1 star so it could be changed https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/topics/new_data_plan