Feedback
Voicemail to text for Android | Koodo Community
Koodo Community

Voicemail to text for Android

• 2 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Has there been any more movement on this? I switched from Telus because they were ripping me off, but one thing they did have going for them was voicemails being transcribed to texts. I don’t want to waste time dialling in for voice messages, and I can’t believe Koodo wants $5/mo for “visual voicemail” which is just a message file sent straight to your phone bypassing the dial in. What a rip off! And it doesn’t even solve the problem of listening to the message when you can read it 10 times faster.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately visual voicemail is the closest thing that Koodo offers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is an add-on “instant voicemail” ($3). It would send you a MMS with the voicemail attached. It helps if you don't want to push the voicemail button. You still have to listen to it though. 

I really wish they have the option of Voicemail to text than instant voicemail.. this option does not work for me.. I am deaf i cannot hear ANY audio .. i rely on the text messages including the voicemail to text .. its what i had thru telus before switching over to Koodo… I am so tired of getting voicemails and having to rely on people to listen to it for me.. and i find that embarrassing ... Is there an option for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I really wish they have the option of Voicemail to text than instant voicemail.. this option does not work for me.. I am deaf i cannot hear ANY audio .. i rely on the text messages including the voicemail to text .. its what i had thru telus before switching over to Koodo… I am so tired of getting voicemails and having to rely on people to listen to it for me.. and i find that embarrassing ... Is there an option for that?

@MarsieBells  Here is Koodo link for Accessibility support. https://www.koodomobile.com/accessibility Hopefully you could find something you could use there.

In the past, I got the features voicemail to text with another carrier. It wasn’t always 100% correct though.  If that a feature you would like, you might have to switch to Telus/Rogers/Bell. Koodo doesn’t have that option as of now.

Userlevel 3

Try YouMail.com as a workaround solution for voicemail to email (with free text transcription!) - I’ve been using it for over a year now.

Once you sign up with a free account, you just reprogram the three conditional forwards to the number they give you instead of the Koodo voicemail deposit number using *61, *62, *67 or *004 to set all three at once. (They give you the codes and numbers to dial to program it that start with those)

Now you will receive voicemails to your email box - no need to dial in to listen to your voicemails anymore, and no need to install their app either actually. The messages will have a sound file attachment you can play, and I think even with the free account the first 20 messages per month will also include a text transcription as well which is pretty cool, so you usually don’t even have to listen to the message.

I will give it a try! Thanks!!