Koodo Community

Community

voicemail to email

i would really like to see koodo add a voicemail to email option of some kind forward the audio file to my email, transcribe the conversation to email text, or both in the same email. I had a VOIP phone service that offered this and it's really easy way to get your voicemails in a portable format for long term reference and sharing, and other providers already offer similar services

33 replies

Userlevel 1
Unfortunately Koodo is not offering yet Visual Voice Mail (VVM).
Userlevel 5
Hey Derek and MatB, As of today, Visual Voicemail is now available for iPhones. Check it out here: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html Thanks for your idea!
So this facility is available ONLY for iphones? Are you planning to extend this anytime soon?
Userlevel 5
MG wrote:

So this facility is available ONLY for iphones? Are you planning to extend this anytime soon?

I do believe the main reason it is only available to iPhones is because it's something that's baked into the OS. While it's not as simple (I'm sure) as I'm making it sound, Koodo can pretty much enable it with the flip of a switch and there isn't much else to implement. The other services would be useful I'm sure but requires more work on Koodo's end, which unfortunately (while it seems they are transitioning away) is probably too much for a budget carrier to implement. Now the rest is all my assumption, but I do believe that most of the people that would use/need this would be people who use their phone for business purposes. Since Koodo only offers consumer service this could be another reason they are not offering it as an option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MG wrote:

Also just to add, I hope ppl dont think koodo is too far behind ither carriers because thry dont offer this on Android yet Bell actually just got this service very recently as my wife just began recieveing visual voicemail about 2 months ago. Messages come as a text message to the customers phone, its pretty neat but as you still have to go to your voicemail box to delete each message I dont see the huge benefit personally unless you need to save messages for buinsness like Johnathan stated, but for the average user I dont see a huge benefit and if it would raise prices at koodo then I wouldnt want it personally.
Userlevel 5
MG wrote:

lol I'm not Johnathan Paul 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MG wrote:

Haha sorry man I meant Jorden, stupid auto correct.
Userlevel 3
MG wrote:

It is always baked into WP8, but I'm guess it is not worth turning on for Koodo
Actually, if you travel very much, it is quite useful. You dont need to spend money on long distance just to find out that you dont have any messages! And it cannot be very expensive. My present landline carrier -who is very small and very inexpensive (1/2 the cost of bell!) Offers what is obviously a purchased, canned solution for $0. There must be a reason it is not offered but I cannot imagine what it is other than resources needed for implementation. I realize everyone wants you to do what They want right now! Any comment Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MG wrote:

Actually, if you travel very much, it is quite useful. You dont need to spend money on long dista...

You dont need to call your voicemail to realize you dont have any messages though it will automatically show up on your phone as soon as a message is left as a notification.
MG wrote:

Actually, if you travel very much, it is quite useful. You dont need to spend money on long dista...

Not if you are on a different continent using a different phone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MG wrote:

Touche
Userlevel 2
MG wrote:

I've never seen value of having your voicemails read to you(that's how I have understood it). It does not take me any longe rthan 30 seconds to 1 minute to check my voicemail. The only time I could see it being useful is if there is a number that needs to be written down, but beyond that, just seems like fluff.
MG wrote:

Myke - you don't understand it, this is not what it is - and it probably isn't useful to you. Try checking your email from Italy - that 1 minute is now 5 minutes at $2/minute.
Userlevel 2
MG wrote:

I don't need a phone to check my email. Checking email has no bearing on call minutes. And based on what I've read, that's exactly what it is(Paul even confirmed it). So if I don't understand, please explain to me what Visual Voicemail is, other than the voicemails being downloaded to the phone to be read.
MG wrote:

Sorry - brain fart - it is when your VOICE mails are turned into an audio file (WAV or mp3) and/or a text file which is emailed to you as an attachment. So you don't need to a) check that you have any messages or not b) phone into the server to listen to them, you can hear/read them as an email.
Userlevel 2
MG wrote:

And I can call into my voicemail from another phone, without needing to download and use my data. I'm still not seeing any value in this.
MG wrote:

nope - I guess it isn't of value to you - but I use it now - and it is of great value to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MG wrote:

The thing is its not of value to the average user, you are not the typical user which the typical user doesn't travel more than once or twice a year if at all. Also data is way more expensive than call minutes so I'm not seeing the advantage just like Myke. This thread has what 3 or 4 ppl asking for it out of the millions of subscribers that visit the forum, the #s don't show a massive need for this at all.
MG wrote:

Like a lot of great ideas most people do not know how great an idea is until they have used it. Build it and people will use it.and most will wonder what took so long to implement it. Some means to have their voice messages available in their email. A great feature of VOIP.
I haven't had any response from Koodo on this yet - anyone out there?
Userlevel 2
MG wrote:

I haven't had any response from Koodo on this yet - anyone out there?

There's probably nothing for them to comment on. The general comment would be something like "we'll take it under advisement". They may be thinking about bringing to other platforms. I think it's a big step for Koodo to even offer it to iPhone
Why is visual voice mail only available for iphones
Userlevel 2
Trevor Jones wrote:

I've been asking this as well. According to the Koodo reps here VVM isn't 'in demand' enough for other platforms, and for Koodo, it's apparently a 'big step' that they even have it available for iPhones at all. It's an odd position to take imo, considering their direct 'discount' competition (Fido and Virgin) have offered it for quite some time (as well as numerous other addons), and Telus Mobility offer it as well, yet Koodo is very quick to dismiss the idea.
Userlevel 5
Trevor Jones wrote:

I only know for sure that Telus doesn't offer visual voicemail to anything other than iPhones. They do offer voicemail to text if that's what you're thinking of however. (posting this to mainly clarify).